If you're a Harry Potter fan, you're in for a real treat if you're going to be visiting Universal Orlando this weekend. Universal Orlando is hosting a three day celebration at Universal's Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure beginning on January 24th and running through January 26th.
Here's a run down of this weekend's event line up:
- A Harry Potter Tribute: “A Celebration of Harry Potter” will kick off with a special evening event starring several cast members of the Harry Potter film series and award-winning artist Kazu Kibuishi, who recently re-imagined the Harry Potter book covers for Scholastic and beautifully captured pivotal scenes from the enchanting Harry Potter stories. Guests will enjoy film clips, Q&A sessions with cast members, and get a glimpse of new details about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley, opening summer 2014.
- My Life on the Harry Potter Film Set: Talent Q&A’s: Actors from the Harry Potter films share what it’s like to work on a major motion picture and be part of film history.
- Duelling Demonstration & Wand Combat Masterclass with Paul Harris: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter will present a spellbinding masterclass with the world’s only Wand Combat Choreographer, Paul Harris. Paul choreographed the epic battle scene in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and will be on hand to teach you the technique behind wielding a wand.
- Graphic Design for the Harry Potter Films with MinaLima: Graphic designers Eduardo Lima and Miraphora Mina from the studio MinaLima will discuss their ten-year involvement in establishing the visual graphic style on the film productions of Harry Potter and present some of the iconic props they created for the films, including the Marauder’s Map, the Daily Prophet and The Quibbler.
- Bringing the Harry Potter Films to the Theme Park – Set and Prop Design of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Harry Potter film and theme park Set Designer Alan Gilmore and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Prop Master Eric Baker will present a look at how ideas move from the books to screen, and then become real-life theme park experiences.
- Go Behind the Scenes of Pottermore.com from J.K. Rowling: Pottermore’s Creative Director gives an exclusive insight into the creation of Moment artwork for Pottermore.com, and a look at the next installment of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Plus, get ready for an exclusive reveal as he shares his favorite upcoming new entry from J.K. Rowling.
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition: Guests will get an up-close look at the artistry and craftsmanship that went into creating the iconic costumes that have appeared throughout the Harry Potter film series. They will also have the opportunity to get sorted into Hogwarts houses during a Sorting Hat experience.
- Scholastic: Celebrate the 15th anniversary of the U.S. publication of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and share your message about what Harry Potter means to you. Award-winning artist Kazu Kibuishi, who recently reimagined the Harry Potter book covers, will be signing posters at limited times throughout the weekend.
- United States Postal Service: Guests can check out the limited-edition Harry Potter collection of 20 new Forever stamps, featuring images of Harry Potter, the extraordinary boy wizard, and the adventures he encounters with the friends, heroes, villains and creatures that make up his world. Also, see collectible products featuring the stamps, meet the stamp art director, and get special cancellation postmarks commemorating this celebration.
There will also be a private dinner reception held Saturday evening that was part of a vacation package that was on sale previously. The vacation package is completely sold out, so there are no longer any slots available. However, if you're a Harry Potter fan, the rest of the event is included with your admission to Universal Orlando.
If you're just attending for the Harry Potter Celebration, it's recommended that you purchase a 3-day ticket, however, the event is also included with the Annual Passes. If you're a local resident to Universal Orlando, this would be an opportune time to purchase an Annual Pass to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley, which is opening later this year at Universal Studios Florida.
I will be covering the entire Harry Potter event live on Twitter, so make sure you follow me @BehindThrills for live updates.
Click subscribe to get more news, updates, and interesting information about Universal Orlando. Follow me on Twitter @BehindThrills or "like" me on Facebook. For more information about Universal Orlando Resort, visit the official website.