Universal Orlando Resort has some extremely exciting plans for Harry Potter fans worldwide, including a just announced webcast revealing secrets about the new expansion.
First: on Thursday, Jan. 23, all-new details about the highly anticipated, and until now secretly guarded, Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will be revealed during a live webcast hosted by Universal Creative that will feature James Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) from the Harry Potter films.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will be a new expansion of the Harry Potter universe, only this one will be in the Universal Studios park joined to the Hogsmeade world in Islands of Adventure via the Hogswarts Express.
Consumers can register to watch the live webcast for first looks at www.UniversalOrlando.com/Webcast. Registration will end on January 21, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Then: Friday through Sunday, Jan. 24-26, Universal Orlando Resort will host “A Celebration of Harry Potter” at both parks. The three days event will include special guests Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), James Phelps (Fred Weasley) and Oliver Phelps (George Weasley). There will be interactive experiences, exciting demonstrations and much more.
Other special activities over the weekend include:
- A wand masterclass hosted by Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter, featuring Wand Combat choreographer Paul Harris and a special guest
- Q&A sessions with members of the Harry Potter cast
- Panel discussions that cannot be missed with MinaLima - creators of the graphics seen in the movies
- An exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Pottermore.com - the interactive website from J.K. Rowling (Saturday & Sunday)
- Plus, guests can explore the one-of-a-kind Harry Potter Expo with interactive activities for fans including a vignette of movie costumes from Harry Potter: The Exhibition and The Sorting Hat experience.
So pack up your wizard gear and head to Universal Orlando for these magical experiences.