No matter where you live, there is one language that is universal - music. Oct. 12, 2013, is Universal Music Day, an annual "holiday" observed each year on the second Saturday in October. Whether you prefer classical, country, jazz, rock or rap, Universal Music Day celebrates music of all genres.
Universal Music Day
Author, speaker/consultant, Susan Golden, founded the event back in 2007 to encourage people around the world to "experience creativity, movement, healing and joy through sound, rhythm and melody." While Music Day should certainly be celebrated every single day of the year, Universal Music Day "brings the world together to make music from our hearts and create a world of peace, love, justice and joy."
Whether you are a classically trained musician, a talented singer with perfect pitch, a creative songwriter or someone who just enjoys listening to classic hits, music touches people's hearts and souls in such a profound way.
In honor of Universal Music Day, get ready to tap your toes and snap your fingers, and tune in or turn on your favorite tunes today. It's time to raise the roof and make some music!
- Halloween Fudge: Simple 2-ingredient fudge recipe for trick-or-treat time
- Top 10 ‘Howl-ween’ pet safety tips: Keep Fido and Fluffy safe on Halloween
- 35 Orange & Black Halloween Recipes – Spooky dishes, desserts, treats & cocktails
- Halloween cakes and cupcakes: 20 creepy cupcakes & “spooktacular” cakes
- 20 Halloween cocktails: Defrightful drinks, creepy cocktails and spooky shots
- Creepy treats and scary snacks ideas for Halloween
- Celebrate Halloween with 15 Creepy Movies