Unity Festival in Guerneville, CA has locked in their headliners, settled their daily lineup and started heating up the excitement for their fourth annual go-round of conscious music bringing Reggae, Rock, Roots, Ska, Alternative, World and more to the Russian River setting and thousands of guests. The 2014 Unity Festival takes place Fri., Sept. 12 with gates opening at noon and live music starting at 1:00 p.m. through Sun., Sept. 14 closing with Easy Star All Stars at an 8:15 p.m. performance that will include a light show
The laser light show is a new treat for Unity Festival guests and will be set to the Easy Star All-Stars performance of Dub Side of the Moon. Other exciting headliners include Yellowman on Saturday night and Tribal Theory on Friday night. The full list of performers is long and varied and has started a good deal of anticipation chatter among previous festival attendees as well as those heading out for the first time for the 2014 magic of music, community, and fun.
Attendance is greatly drawn from the Sonoma and Marin Counties, Mendocino and Lake Counties, the San Francisco Bay area, East Bay area and beyond. Sacramento has also begun to have its number of Unity Fest fans as well as each year the crowds grow and the word spreads. While the festival is not labeled a Reggae Fest, it does draw a great deal of Reggae music fans and includes a good deal of topnotch Reggae and Reggae Rock artists. It might be more appropriately labeled a Conscious Music festival because of its incorporation of various genres with a focus on positive music messages.
The producer of Unity Festival described it as "a three day music festival focusing on energizing the human spirit, and unifying our sacred spirit, through music, dance, art, education and helping our youth and community. It will feature some amazing artists from around the world, and from a variety of genres. They all come with a positive message to inspire our growing community of people coming together uniting to promote conservation, stewardship and restoration of our planet. They focus on interaction with others and celebrate unity through diversity."
The festival is located at 15905 River Road, Guerneville, Ca 95466 on the Russian River at Guerneville Lodge. The beautiful Russian River is "nestled in the wine country near the world-renowned Korbel Winery and blocks away from the beautiful town of Guerneville, Ca." Camping is available but is in high demand so early ticket purchase is highly recommended if you want to insure obtaining a camp space. It is recommended that guests bring the following.
- Your Festival Ticket
- Layered clothing, swimsuits
- Hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellant
- Blankets, sleeping bags, tent
- Lawn chairs, flashlight, water bottles
- Acoustic instruments for campsite jams
- Plastic bags for trash & recycling
- oh!... and your desire to have a good time!!
The tentative three day lineup includes the following for Friday.
- DJ'S 12:00 - 12:45 p.m.
- SKUNK-DUB 1:00 - 2:15 p.m.
- LUCID LION 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- MELLOW MOVEMENT 3:45 - 4:45 p.m.
- RIOTMAKER 5:30 - 6:15 p.m.
- ONE-A-CHORD 6:30 - 7:45 p.m.
- CRSB 8:00 - 9:15 p.m.
- TRIBAL THEORY 9:30 - 10:45 p.m.
Saturday lineup schedule includes the following.
- MORNING YOGA 9:00 - 10:00 a,n,
- MORNING OPENING PRAYER 10:30 - 11:00 am.
- IYA TERRA 11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- DEWEY & THE PEOPLES 12:30 - 1:45 p.m.
- PAPAFISH 2:00 - 3:15 p.m.
- BLACK BOTTOM LIGHTERS 3:30 - 4:45 p.m.
- IRIEFUSE 5:00 - 6:15 p.m.
- ONE DROP 6:30 - 7:45 p.m.
- NEW KINGSTON 8:00 - 9:15 p.m.
- YELLOW MAN 9:30 - 10:45 p.m.
Sunday lineup schedule includes the following.
- MORNING YOGA 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- MORNING OPENING PRAYER 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- A LA LUNE 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- BLAZE MOB 11:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- MYSTIC ROOTS 1:15 - 2:30 p.m.
- TATANKA 2:45pm - 3:30pm
- EZZRAH 3:45PM - 5:00PM
- CLEAR CONSCIENCE 5:15 - 6:30 p.m.
- KROOKED TREEZ 6:45 - 8:00 p.m.
- EASY STAR ALL STARS 8:15 - 9:30 p.m.
There will also be a late night conscious music and dance party and off-the-hook DJ’s. The Unity Festival will feature great food and crafts, featuring local, organic and sustainable products provided by local non- profits and artisans. For more information or to purchase tickets, you can visit the official Unity Festival website.
You can find some coverage of the 2013 Unity Festival at Unity Festival builds strong wings, Sexiest Sunday snapshots at the 2013 Unity Festival, and Top ten reasons to return to Unity Festival in Guerneville.