U.S. Rep. Randy Hultgren (IL-14) announced that he is now accepting applications for nomination from young men and women interested in attending one of the United States military academies for summer 2012 admission.
“As the school year begins, many students are thinking about what’s next,” said U.S. Rep. Randy Hultgren. “My staff and I are eager to provide information and assist with nominations to the military academies. I encourage young men and women with any level of interest to contact us now,” said U.S. Rep. Randy Hultgren. “There are several steps in this process, and applications must be filed with both my office and the individual academies.”
To be eligible for appointment to one of the military academies, you must:
- Be a United States citizen;
- At least 17 and not more than 23 years of age on July 1, 2012;
- Unmarried; not pregnant; have no dependents;
- Good moral character; and
- A legal resident of the 14th Congressional District of Illinois.
U.S. Rep. Randy Hultgren also stated that the average acceptable ACT scores are 24 in both math and English.
Applications are accepted for the following United States Military Academies:
- U.S. Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, Colorado;
- U.S. Military Academy at West Point, New York;
- U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland; and
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, New York.
Those seeking more information about the military academies or who are interested in applying for any or all of the military academies should contact U.S. Rep. Randy Hultgren staff member Carol Berger at 630.232.7104 or email@example.com. Candidates that fill out military forms with the office must also complete the individual military academy applications online and meet the required deadlines.
The completed congressional application must be received by November 2, 2011.