Way to go Facebook! They've just rolled out their new Business Page Insights. With the new insights for pages you will now be able to see the best times to post on Facebook by clicking the 'When Your Fans Are Online' tab. You will also be able to check out which types of your posts are receiving the most engagement by clicking on the 'Best Post Type' tab. This is a great way to find out if it is your status, photos, links, or videos that your audience prefers.
Though this feature is not being offered to everyone yet, you can check to see if Facebook has made this available to you by clicking on the 'Show' button on your admin panel on your Facebook page. If it is available, you will see the following message:
"Try the New Page Insights
You've been selected to try a new version of Page Insights that makes it easier to understand how your Page is doing and who's engaging with your posts. You can switch back to see your current insights, even after you've tried the new version. Learn more about the new Page Insights before deciding to try it here."
This is how Facebook describes what the new Insights upgrade can help you do:
Insights You Can Act On
- Learn what's working and not working on your Page.
- Find out more about who likes your Page (your fans) and engages with your posts.
- Use your insights to plan future posts and decide on the best ways to connect with people.
Find Your Way Around
- Overview: Get a 7-day snapshot of the most important activity on your Page.
- Page: See how your fan base has grown over time and how people are connecting with your Page.
- Posts: Compare the performance of all your posts.
- People: Learn more about your fans and the people who like, comment and share your posts.
Watch Your Audience Grow
- See how many times your Page was liked and unliked each day and learn where your likes come from — the different spots on Facebook where people are clicking "Like" to connect to your Page.
Understand Your Reach
- Posts that get more likes, comments and shares show up more in News Feed and are seen by more people. Posts that are hidden, reported as spam or cause people to unlike your Page reach fewer people.
- If you notice a spike or dip, look at what you posted that day to learn more about how you might have influenced your reach.
Compare Post Performance
- Understanding how people respond to your posts is a critical part of being able to create the best content for your Page. With everything in one place you'll be able to see the best and worst performing posts so you know what works and what doesn't.
Get To Know Your Fans
Find out more about who likes your Page (your fans) and who likes, comments on and shares your posts:
- How your fans are similar and different from other people on Facebook.
- Common traits of the people who like, comment on or share your posts.
This new upgrade to Facebook's Insights may help you increase engagement. Check out these slides to see how easy it is to review this data.