Obesity or an overweight person’s weight is putting a strain on their bodies inviting numerous complications.
Symptoms and complications of excess weight:
- Can shorted a person’s life span
- Overwork the heart
- Experience shortness of breath
- Cause arteriosclerosis
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes mellitus
- Chromic joint and back pain
- Strains joints and ligaments
- Increases risk to infectious diseases
- Reduce ability to participate in sports
- Personality problems
- Emotional difficulties
- Cause loneliness
- Cause tension or stress
- Cause boredom
- Glandular imbalances
There is an old saying “the more you eat, the more you need to eat”.
It’s not just a saying but a true fact. The more you eat the harder it is for your heart and other muscles to work to burn the fat. Because they have to work harder the body actually needs more fuel to do this natural process therefore the more you need to eat.
It is hard enough for people to lose 5-20 pounds. Imagine how much harder it is for someone who is really overweight or obese and is not just fighting a diet plan, the will to lose but also fighting their own bodies that need to work harder and require more food to get their metabolism to work to burn off food, calories and fat.
Other causes of obesity no one realizes are:
- Sleep deprivation can increase body weight.
- Hormone imbalances can cause weight gain.
- Pollution can cause an imbalance in hormones.
- Those who quit smoking will see weight gain.
- Giving birth later in life will affect weight issues.
- Age, nationality and heredity all factor into obesity.
- Medications play a big part on weight gain such as diabetes drugs, steroid hormones, blood pressure drugs, some antidepressants as well as some contraceptives.
Food isn’t the only reason for obesity – it’s more complicated than that!
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another news or health story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Healthy Living Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: