It may be premature to get excited that more big restaurant chains are joining the lower-calorie menu items; but it's possible this trend is here to stay.
Applebees has had great success with their trademark Under 550 Calories menu; so it stands to reason that O'Charleys is now trying to get a piece of the action. Applebees has recently added 2 new dishes to this menu to give more choices for customers wanting to watch their caloric intake. The prices are for local Indianapolis area restaurants.
Applebees Under 550 Calorie Menu (stats include sides)
- Asiago Peppercorn Steak - 390 calories; 14 fat grams $10.99
- Sirloin with Garlic Herb Shrimp - 500 calories; 21 fat grams $12.49
- Dijon Chicken & Portobellos - 450 calories; 15 fat grams $9.99
- Teriyaki Shrimp Pasta - 440 calories; 8 fat grams $8.99
- Teriyaki Chicken Pasta - 450 calories; 8 fat grams $9.99
- Grilled Shrimp & Island Rice - 370 calories; 4.5 fat grams $10.99
O'Charleys Under 550 Calorie choices (stats include sides)
- Bruchetta Chicken - 530 calories; 21 fat grams $7.49
- Mushroom & Blue Cheese Sirloin - 430 calories; 28 fat grams $7.49
We can only hope more and more restaurants realize we want healthy choices but do not want to give up any of the flavor. Here are some other Indianapolis restaurants that offer healthy meal choices:
Thanks for looking and please SUBSCRIBE SPAM-FREE to my articles by clicking on the SUBSCRIBE button at the top of this page.