United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s official statements about Israel’s most recent armed attack upon Gaza are Orwellian lies of omission because they fail to uphold the one and only legal authority of the UN: to stop Wars of Aggression.
Allowing “developed nations” to have unlawful wars is consistent with UN history. A recent example is Secretary-General Kofi Annan’s silence for 18 months in official statements over the US/UK’s armed attacks and invasion of Iraq, to finally admit in 2004 when directly asked if that war is illegal:
“Yes, if you wish. I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN Charter. From our point of view and from the Charter point of view it was illegal.”
Please note Anan’s timidity of language, failure to act as Chief Administrator in his only area of legal authority, and pretense that clear violation of law is somehow a “point of view” rather than obvious assertion of objective facts. One of the only insights we have of government assessment of Iraq war illegality is the still-unpublished UK report that disclosed in public testimony in 2010:
All the lawyers in the UK’s Foreign Affairs Department concluded the US/UK invasion of Iraq was an unlawful War of Aggression. Their expert advice is the most qualified to make that legal determination; all 27 of them were in agreement. This powerful judgment of unlawful war followed the Dutch government’s recent unanimous report.
The UN Charter makes all armed attacks by government illegal unless in response to attack by another nation’s government.
In the US/UK-led armed attack on Iraq, this is not even close to lawful. For the UN Secretary-General to be silent rather than uphold UN treaty law in his one and only area of job responsibility is a game-changing revelation that sometime soon will become Emperor’s New Clothes-obvious evidence of UN “leaders’” criminal conspiracy for Wars of Aggression; the Orwellian opposite of its stated purpose.
The United Nations is the creation of the winners for the Second World War of Colonial Empire (WW2). This followed wars for hundreds of years among “developed nations” to steal as much of the world as possible.
The UN, therefore, was never intended as an instrument for “world peace” by imperialistic nations, but to protect empire with empty rhetoric of “peace.”
The letter and spirt of the law that is the UN Charter is a powerful tool for We the People to demand arrests of US/UK/Israel “leaders” who commit obvious War Crimes for unlawful and lie-began Wars of Aggression. And that said, official statements of UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon minces around Israel’s armed attacks on Gaza without any apparent interest in upholding UN law. Examples:
- He states Israel bombed a UN-protected refugee facility in Gaza after 33 warnings to Israel of its exact location without call to arrest those responsible (an arrest is the legal tool to stop someone who committed a crime from any power to continue that criminal activity). He also blames “Hamas” without evidence that they launch anything toward Israel. In fact, such reports could be a continuation of Israeli false flag attacks as likely as desperate Palestinians starving under Israel’s unlawful military siege.
- Ki-moon decries the lack of food, water, energy, but fails to state Israel’s destruction of power and water are War Crimes.
- He describes Israel’s targeting of civilians, but takes zero action to state the Emperor’s New Clothes’ fact that these unlawful acts of war demand immediate arrests of Israeli government leaders for OBVIOUS War Crimes.
Therefore and obviously, the UN Secretary-General is not doing his job of stopping unlawful Wars of Aggression, but shedding crocodile tears in pretense of caring about somebody else somewhere, somehow doing the job he’s sworn to do.
Our world of the present under US/UK/Israel Wars of Aggression with UN criminal complicity is the same as described powerfully from a victim of Roman Empire’s version of peace:
It is no use trying to escape their arrogance by submission or good behavior. Robbers of the world, having by universal plunder exhausted the land, their drive is greed. If the enemy be rich, they are rapacious; if poor, they lust for domination. Neither rule of the East nor West satisfies them. Alone among men, they crave with equal eagerness poverty and riches. To plunder, slaughter, seize with false pretenses, they give the lying name ‘empire.’ And where nothing remains but a desert, they call that ‘peace.’ - Tacitus, The Agricola and the Germania
Today’s United Nations will uphold peace just as well as the ancient Roman Senate. This will continue until US/UK/Israel/UN “leaders” are arrested for Crimes Against Humanity (among many categories of crime) centering in war and money.
- Are you demanding arrests (lawful stop) for US/UK/Israel wars covered by UN Orwellian rhetoric, or must you have more suffering and death?
- If you disagree about such arrests, for whatever strategic reason, what is your better idea???
- And please remember your role as a guest on Earth; do what you can in peace (here, here) :)