Is one of your New Year’s resolutions to take take better care of your skin? If not, it should be, especially if you’ve been reading this column where we try to keep you up-to-date on all the great tricks and tools of beauty. But if you need a little push, ULTA just released a sort of beauty gospel for the top five skincare resolutions for 2013, which the company is combining with its's annual Love Your Skin events that take place through January 19, 2013 at stores nationwide (my local favorite is at the corner of La Brea and Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood). You really should plan to head over to your local ULTA during that time to learn all about the new cutting edge skincare techniques, watch live demos, get some good tips from in-store experts, and score yourself a some daily specials. .
Participating brands in ULTA Beauty's Love Your Skin events include Bare Minerals Skincare, Dermalogica, Philosophy, Dermadoctor, Bliss, Hydroxatone, Clinique, Exuviance, Benefit Skincare, Murad, Clarisonic, Philosophy, Stila Skincare, Mario Badescu, Peter Thomas Roth, Pur Minerals, Lancome, Strivectin, Juice Beauty and Kinerase. Stop in each day to see what's new and exciting from the best of the best in skin care brands.
Make this list your beauty gospel:
- I will always remove my make-up before bedtime! It's your inner voice that whispers to you the second you get home, dutifully reminding you to take off your makeup before hitting the sack. Leaving your face "on" can put you at risk for breakouts as makeup mixes with skin oils and dirt as you sleep. This simple task is an easy ritual to prevent skin ailments.
- I will make exfoliation part of my skin care regimen! The average woman has almost 30 layers of dead skin cells on her face. A regular exfoliation 1-2 times a week helps even skin tone, keeps pores from clogging acne in check, and helps to avoid dryness.
- I will keep my hands AWAY from my face! The simple act of touching your face with your pore clogging fingers is just begging for a new pimple. Resist those temptations and battle the breakouts with targeted solutions.
- I will banish bad skincare habits and replace them with good ones! It's like getting over an ex-boyfriend. Accept the change, banish bad habits and prevent them from returning. All three are key in the battles of love and anti-aging.
- I will take advantage of multi-tasking, skin-loving make-up! Makeup products these days provide more than a one-stop solution. Formulas have advanced and the average product provides more than one purpose. Like most women these days, products also multi-task, offering an array of skin benefits all the while providing a strong makeup base.
For additional information on ULTA Beauty's annual Fresh Start Skin Days go to ulta.com/loveyourskin.
ULTA Beauty is the largest beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for prestige, mass and salon products and salon services in the United States. ULTA Beauty provides affordable indulgence to its customers by combining unmatched product breadth, value and convenience with the distinctive environment and experience of a specialty retailer.
ULTA Beauty offers a unique combination of over 20,000 prestige and mass beauty products across the categories of cosmetics, fragrance, hair care, skincare, bath and body products and salon styling tools, as well as salon hair care products. ULTA Beauty also offers a full-service salon in all of its stores. As of October 27, 2012, ULTA operates 537 retail stores across 45 states and also distributes its products through