UFO sightings for the Month of August 2009! - MUFON report

Washington_DC2_PA_MUFON(1).jpg

UFO over Washington DC.  Photo Courtesy of PA MUFON

MUFON (Mutual UFO Network) reports that there were 560 sightings reported to MUFON in the month of August from the following countries;  This is down from 671 from the following month of July.  The US continues to be the top in the number of reports.  Check below and see where your state fits in.   It is interesting to note that  there were 30  Landings, Hovering, or Takeoffs reported (up 5 from last month)  and 33 Entities observed (down 8 from last month).  There were more star- like crafts reported than other shapes(same as last month) and Colorado was 5th on the most "reported" states(same as last month)!:

Country/Number of Reports
UNITED STATES 452  (down from 580 last month)
UNITED KINGDOM 30

Saturn-like 8
Cone 7
Chevron 7
Blimp 6
Egg 6
Cross 4

as well as the distance from the observer;

Distance from Witness/Number of Reports
< 100 ft 32
101-500 ft 35
501 ft - 1 Mile 68
Over 1 Mile 94
Unknown 102

If you see a UFO, the reporting form on MUFON's site is at www.mufon.com where you can enter you own report directly into MUFON's site.

© 2009 by Larry Rimbert  All rights reserved
NOTE: Permission is granted to include short extracts of this article on websites and email lists with a link to this original article.. This article is copyrighted and should not be added in its entirety or on other websites or email lists without author's express written permission.

Comments

• PsyOps 5 years ago

Please dont turn into a disinformation writer like the other UFO examiners. So far so good, thanks.

• Deb 5 years ago

Good job. I am impressed to see how many reports there have been. I never would have know.

• bluperu 5 years ago

I spent many years, 17, in mufon. It aint what it use to be, and perhaps more important, its not what you think it is..WWW.gov.agent.com..

• Larry 5 years ago

O.K. Bluperu, This must be some type of joke . . .MUFON may very well not be what I think it is, but it is also not what you purport it to be . . . I went to your website and it was non existent. Are you a government conspiracy theorist? What else about your message is untrue?

• Scott 5 years ago

MUFON's base is eroding thanks to Carrion and his tv efforts to discredit real witnesses of UFO events.
    I for one would Carrion to disclose MUFON's agreement with big time MUFON STAR Team financier Bob Bigelow? Something's awash with Carrion's group efforts, and those efforts seem to continually distort reports,scientific analysis, photos and videos of Mom and Pa Witnesses to UFO events.

• joejoe hos 5 years ago

i saw a ufo on thursday september 10th around 9:30 pm coming back from a pick-up basketball game. The shape was a triangal and there were 3 bright lights on each corner. I could not see anything but the 3 lights. the ufo was about 2 football fieles high or 2 hondered yards high. This object was not moving or making any noise. When we went in to my friends yard and looked back it was gone and it left no tralel. i live in Vermont

• Brittany 5 years ago

My mother, father and myself were sitting on my back porch and saw a "spot" in the sky. It was a clear sky.. And all of the sudden from what looked to be a spot, a light shone down from it in a triangle shape the further it went down the brighter the top was. It looked like someone was in the sky holding a flashlight down. About 10 seconds later it faded back up and disappeared. It was absolutely amazing and unexplainable! I'll never forget it! Thank god my parents were with me and saw it at the same time or NOONE would have believed me!! I live in a small town, in Pa!!