UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson retained his title Saturday night in the UFC on FOX 6 headliner in Chicago, Ill. After getting dropped by Ultimate Fighter season 14 winner John Dodson in both rounds one and two, Johnson rallied and kept up his patented "Mighty Mouse" pace that eventually wore Dodson down. After five rounds Johnson was awarded the unanimous decision victory improving his record to 17-2-1.
In what was billed as his final UFC fight, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson exchanged heavy punches and kicks with fellow light heavyweight Glover Teixeira. Teixeira stood in the pocket and traded with Rampage but it was his takedowns and ground and pound that ultimately made the difference, winning a unanimous decision on the judges' scorecards.
Top lightweight contender Anthony "Showtime" Pettis displayed amazing technical striking precision with cartwheel kicks and a "Showtime knee" in which he jumped off the cage wall to land a perfectly timed knee to the face of Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Halfway through the opening round Pettis landed a liver kick that stopped Cowboy Cold in his tracks and likely earned him a title shot and rematch with champ Benson Henderson.
The complete UFC on FOX 6 results are as follows:
- Champ Demetrious Johnson def. John Dodson by unanimous decision (48-47, 49-46, 48-47)
- Glover Teixeira def. Quinton Jackson by unanimous decision (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
- Anthony Pettis def. Donald Cerrone by TKO (liver kick) Rd 1 (2:35)
- Ricardo Lamas def. Erick Koch by TKO (strikes) Rd 2 (2:32)
- TJ Grant def. Matt Wiman by TKO (strikes) Rd 1 (4:51)
- Clay Guida def Hatsu Hioki by split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Pascal Krauss def. Mike Stumpf by unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
- Ryan Bader def. Vladimir Matyushenko by submission (guillotine choke) Rd 1 (:50)
- Shawn Jordan def. Mike Russow by TKO (strikes) Rd 2 (3:48)
- Rafael Natal def. Sean Spencer by submission (arm triangle choke) Rd 3 (2:13)
- David Mitchell def. Simeon Thorensen by unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)