According to a Feb. 6 FOX-Sports report, the UFC's return to the Sunshine State is shaping up to be a great evening of fights, as Thiago Alves vs. Seth Baczynski has been added to the April 29 (UFC on FOX 11) card.
Bitten by the injury bug, this will be the first time the "Pitbull" steps into the Octagon following a 2-year hiatus. Alves will be looking to get back in the win column after being submitted (guillotine) by Martin Kampmann in Sydney, Australia (March 2012).
Standing in this way is "The Polish Pistola", a dangerous TUF 11 alumnus with UFC victories over Neil Magny, Simeon Thoresen, Lance Benoist, Matt Brown and Clay Harvison.
Baczynski comes in loser of two of his last three bouts, however, including a knockout at the hands of Brian Melancon (UFC 162), and was on the wrong end of (unanimous) decision against Mike Pierce (UFC on FX 6).
Amway Center in Orlando, Fla., will be the site for UFC on FOX 11, headlined by the title-elimination clash between heavyweight-contenders, Travis Browne vs. Fabricio Werdum. Announced are the following (verbally agreed) matchups for the UFC on FOX 11 (Orlando) fight card:
- Fabricio "Vai Cavalo" Werdum vs. Travis "Hapa" Browne – Heavyweight division
- Miesha "Cupcake" Tate vs. Liz "Girlrilla" Carmouche - Women's bantamweight division
- Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone vs. Edson "Junior" Barboza - Lightweight division
- Brad Tavares vs. Yoel "Soldier of God" Romero – Middleweight division
- Jorge "Gamebred" Masvidal vs. Pat "Bam Bam" Healy – Lightweight division
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov - Lightweight division
- Thiago Alves vs. Seth Baczynski - Welterweight division
- Josh Samman vs. Caio "Hellboy" Magalhaes - Middleweight division
Subscribe to receive the latest news happening in the fight world, including extensive coverage of UFC on FOX 11 (Orlando).