According to a Jan. 25 report from MMA Fighting, former UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson (19-3 MMA, 7-1 UFC) squares off against Josh Thomson (20-5 MMA, 3-1 UFC) in the main event of the UFC on FOX 10 card at the Chicago Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
Whoever wins the fight between Henderson and Thomson will likely earn a shot at Anthony Pettis' title. However, Henderson understands its out of his hands.
He knows the UFC grants title shots based on a number of factors, not just victories. That said, Henderson plans to put on the best performance possible and let the chips fall as they may.
“There’s no guarantees in the UFC at all, for anything,” Henderson told MMAjunkie in the days leading up to his UFC on FOX 10 bout against Thomson. “Dana White can say, ‘Oh, this guy is next in line for the title shot,’ but you don’t really know. That’s not how the UFC works.”
Also on the UFC on FOX 10 main card, Stipe Miocic faces Gabriel Gonzaga in the co-main, and Donald Cerrone battles Adriano Martins in a key lightweight bout.
"I know it is a great opportunity, but for me, this is just another fight," Martins told Bleacher Report prior to his fight against Cerrone. "I've prepared myself very well. I'm sure we are going to put on a really great fight for the fans and I'm ready to go. It really excites me to fight someone as good as he is. It is really going to bring the fight and it makes me feel proud because I deserve to be here.
"This feeling I have from being in a big fight is difficult for me to describe. What is important to me is to put on a great fight and make people see why I belong here. I know I'm ready and I'm going to show everyone else on Saturday night. I'm excited to be here. I'm ready to be here. And I deserve to be here. This is my time."
Rounding out the UFC on FOX 10 main card, Darren Elkins fought Jeremy Stephens. After three rounds, Stephens earned the judge's decision.
Here's a look at the full UFC on FOX 10: Henderson vs Thomson results:
- Benson Henderson vs. Josh Thomson
- Stipe Miocic vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
- Donald Cerrone def. Adriano Martins via first-round TKO
- Jeremy Stephens def. Darren Elkins via unanimous decision
- Alex Caceres def. Sergio Pettis via submission (rear-naked choke)
- Eddie Wineland def. Yves Jabouin via second-round TKO
- Chico Camus def. Yaotzin Meza via unanimous decision
- Hugo Viana def. Junior Hernandez via unanimous decision
- Daron Cruickshank def. Mike Rio via second-round TKO
- George Sullivan def. Mike Rhodes via unanimous decision
- Nikita Kyrlov def. Walt Harris via first-round TKO