The Ultimate Fighting Championship celebrates its 10th event on national television by airing and live streaming UFC on FOX 10 from Chicago, Ill. According to a Jan. 25, 2014, BR report, Benson "Smooth" Henderson is projected to get back into contention by derailing Josh "The Punk" Thompson's UFC lightweight title hopes.
For a third consecutive year, the United Center in Chitown will be the site for an action-packed UFC live event in the month of January. This time, MMA's biggest promotion brings an 11-fight card to the Windy City.
All the action gets underway with the free UFC on FOX 10 preliminary bouts at 4:30 p.m. EST (3:30 p.m. CST/2:30 p.m. MST/1:30 p.m. PST) via UFC Fight Pass and FOX Sports Go's live stream online (main card). Please visit UFC.TV and/or FOX Sports Go for more information, or click on the links to verify live streaming online access.
Setting the tone for what should be an exciting night of fights will be a UFC heavyweight bout between (6-2) Walt "The Big Ticket" Harris taking on (15-3) Nikita "Al Capone" Krylov.
A televised 6-fight portion of the UFC of FOX 10 event, featuring a bevy of prospects and newcomers, immediately follows the UFC Fight Pass free card. Airing on FOX Sports 1 are the TV prelims at 5 p.m. EST, consisting of four bantamweight fights, a lightweight fight and a UFC welterweight scrap:
- (9-5, 1 NC) Alex Caceres vs. (10-0) Sergio Pettis – UFC bantamweight division
- (20-9-1) Eddie Wineland vs. (19-8) Yves Jabouin – UFC bantamweight division
- (13-4) Chico Camus vs. (20-8) Yaotzin Meza – UFC bantamweight division
- (14-5) Junior Hernandez vs. (7-2) Hugo Viana – UFC bantamweight division
- (13-4) Daron Cruickshank vs. (9-3) Mike Rio – UFC lightweight division
- (14-3, 1 NC) George Sullivan vs. (6-1) Mike Rhodes – UFC welterweight division
The UFC on FOX 10 Chicago main card will have huge implication in the lightweight and heavyweight divisions. This nationally televised portion of the Henderson vs. Thomson TV fight card gets underway at 8 p.m. EST on big FOX and goes as follows:
- (19-3) Benson Henderson vs. (20-5, 1 NC) Josh Thomson – UFC Lightweight bout
- (10-1) Stipe Miocic vs. (16-7) Gabriel Gonzaga – UFC Heavyweight bout
- (21-6, 1 NC) Donald Cerrone vs. (25-6) Adriano Martins – UFC Lightweight bout
- (18-3) Darren Elkins vs. (22-9) Jeremy Stephens – UFC featherweight bout
Can "Bendo" get back in the win column and take one step closer to regaining his UFC lightweight strap, or will the former Strikeforce No.1 contender earn shot at reigning 155-pound king Anthony Pettis? MMA fans cannot afford to miss tonight's free UFC on FOX 10 event live from the United Center in Chicago, Ill.
Tune to FOX Sports 1 and big FOX at the aforementioned TV start times to view the action, or simply check out the UFC Fight Pass and/or FOX Sports Go to watch the free live stream online (desktop, tablet & other internet-connecting devices).