UFC on FOX 10 is set for Jan. 25 at the Chicago Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
Henderson, 30, looks to get back into title contention after losing his belt to Anthony Pettis at UFC 164.
"He (Pettis) can stay injured for a year, stay hurt 'til July, two years, whatever. Every guy UFC would give a title shot to, send them my way. I'll go down the entire list of the top 10. I will beat everybody. Let's do that. When he is healthy, when he does come back then I'll be waiting," said Henderson.
For Thomson, he seems to just be happy to still be a top five contender, a full decade after being ranked No. 1 in the world at lightweight.
"I'm 35, if I win the title that's great. If I don't win the title that's great, too. I've had a great career. I was number one in the world back in 2003, 2004. I am ranked number four in the world now and it's in a way bigger scale now," said Thomson.
Henderson and Thomson have been quite respectful towards each other in the lead-up to UFC on FOX 10. Thomson knows Henderson is confident, but he doesn't think he's underestimating him.
"No, I don't think he does. I think he is a confident person. He was just the champion for the last two years. He would be a fool to underestimate me, which would be fine with me if he did," said Thomson.
The UFC on FOX 10 main card also features a three-round heavyweight fight featuring Stipe Miocic (10-1) and Gabriel Gonzaga (16-7), plus an exciting tilt between Donald Cerrone (21-6) and Adriano Martins (25-6).
Here's a look at the full UFC on FOX 10 card:
- Walt Harris (241) vs. Nikita Krylov (218)
- Mike Rhodes (171) vs. George Sullivan (170)
- Daron Cruickshank (155) vs. Mike Rio (155)
- Junior Hernandez (136) vs. Hugo Viana (136)
- Chico Camus (135) vs. Yaotzin Meza (135)
- Yves Jabouin (135) vs. Eddie Wineland (135)
- Alex Caceres (135) vs. Sergio Pettis (135)
- Darren Elkins (145) vs. Jeremy Stephens (146)
- Donald Cerrone (155) vs. Adriano Martins (155)
- Gabriel Gonzaga (258) vs. Stipe Miocic (245)
- Benson Henderson (156) vs. Josh Thomson (155)