UFC Fight Night 33 features a heavyweight headliner between Mark Hunt and recent title challenger Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva, along with an exciting co-main pitting Mauricio "Shogun" Rua against James Te Tuna.
Also on the UFC Fight Night 33 main card, Ryan Bader fights Anthony Perosh and Julie Kedzie battles Bethe Correia.
UFC Fight Night 33 opened with a fight between Alex Garcia (11-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Ben Wall (7-1-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC).
Wall, a Brisbane native, had the hometown crowd on his side, but he was knocked out in the opening frame. The official stop came at the 43-second mark of the first round, as he was floored by an uppercut.
In the second fight of UFC Fight Night 33, Krzysztof Jotko (13-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) battled Bruno Santos (13-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC).
Jotko, who was making his UFC debut, would end up the winner via judge's decision, as he maintained top position throughout the final frame.
Later on the UFC Fight Night 33 Fox Sports 2 preliminary card, Justin Scoggins dominated his fight against Richie Vaculik.
Representing American Top Team, the 21-year-old Scoggins absolutely rag-dolled his opponent and showed that he's a 125-pounder to watch in the years ahead.
Caio Magalhaes beat Nick Ring by unanimous decision in another battle on the UFC Fight Night preliminary card, and Nam Phan had an incredible standup war with Takeya Mizugaki to cap off the Fox Sports 2 prelims. Mizugaki won via judge's decision in a fight that was a true crowd-pleaser.
In the UFC Fight Night 33 headliner, Silva will look to utilize his Brazilian jiu-jitsu game to notch a victory over Hunt.
Here's a look at the UFC Fight Night 33 results:
Main Card (Fox Sports 1)
- Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva
- Mauricio Rua vs. James Te Huna
- Ryan Bader vs. Anthony Perosh
- Pat Barry vs. Soa Palelei
- Dylan Andrews vs. Clint Hester
- Julie Kedzie vs. Bethe Correia
Preliminary card (Fox Sports 2)
- Takeya Mizugaki def. Nam Phan by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-28)
- Caio Magalhaes beat Nick Ring by unanimous decision (29-28 x 3)
- Justin Scoggins TKOs Richie Vaculik at 4:43 of round 1
- Krzysztof Jotko defeats Bruno Santos by unanimous decision (29-28 x 2, 30-27)
- Alex Garcia knocks out Ben Wall at 0:43 of round 1