All 26 fighters stepped on the scale and all but one fighter successfully made weight. Anthony Lapsley weighed in at 174 pounds and was given two hours to make the 171-pound welterweight limit.
The main event will feature Xenia, Ohio native Matt Brown taking on Erick Silva in a 5-round welterweight fight. Both fighters successfully weighed in at 170.5 pounds.
In the night’s co-main event, Costas Philippou and Lorenz Larkin both successfully weighed in under the 186-pound middleweight limit.
The full results from the UFC Fight Night 40 weigh-ins:
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET)
- Erick Silva (170.5) vs. Matt Brown (170.5)
- Costas Philippou (185) vs. Lorenz Larkin (185.5)
- Erik Koch (155) vs. Daron Cruickshank (156)
- Tim Means (170) vs. Neil Magny (170.5)
- Ruan Potts (244) vs. Soa Palelei (263)
- Louis Smolka (126) vs. Chris Cariaso (125.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 2, 8 p.m. ET)
- Rafael Natal (185.5) vs. Ed Herman (185.5)
- Kyoji Horiguchi (126) vs. Darrell Montague (125)
- Yan Cabral (170.5) vs. Zak Cummings (169.5)
- Eddie Wineland (136) vs. Johnny Eduardo (136)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Manny Gamburyan (145.5) vs. Nik Lentz (145)
- Justin Salas (155.5) vs. Ben Wall (155)
- Anthony Lapsley (174) vs. Albert Tumenov (170.5)