UFC Fight Night 38 opened with Godofredo Pepey defeating Noad Lahat with a devastating knockout knee to the face.
The official stoppage came at the 2:39 mark of the first round.
In the second fight of the UFC Fight Night 38 card, Hans Stringer defeated Francimar Barroso via split-decision, in a fight that was a close back-and-forth war.
Later on the preliminary card, Kenny Robertson took out Thiago Perpetuo with a delicious rear-naked choke at the 1:45 mark of the first round.
The UFC Fight Night 38 preliminary card also featured a great submission win from Jussier Formiga, as he defeated Scott Jorgensen via rear-naked choke at the 3:07 mark of the opening frame.
UFC Fight Night 38 then had back-to-back knockout finishes, as Thiago Santos defeated Rony Markes at 0:53 of the first round and Rony Jason finished Steven Siler by TKO at 1:17 of the opening round.
Siler's fight had a bit of a controversial finish. Siler was clearly rocked, but the ref may have stepped in one strike too soon.
However, safety of the fighters is the primary concern on every card, so it's better to have an early stoppage than a late one.
Dan Henderson vs "Shogun" Rua
UFC Fight Night 38 features an exciting rematch of one of the best fights in UFC history, as Dan Henderson meets Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at light heavyweight.
Both Henderson and Rua are still ranked in the top 10 at light heavyweight. However, Henderson is 43 years old and time is wounding down for him to make a run at the belt.
For Rua, he's a grizzled veteran at 32 years old. Henderson and "Shogun" Rua met three years ago in an epic UFC clash that is still regularly replayed in UFC highlight reels.
Their fight tonight might not live up to their first clash, but it still will be a fun one for the fans. Will Henderson hold off Father Time for one more bout, or will Rua reign supreme?
Here's a look at the full UFC Fight Night: Dan Henderson vs "Shogun" Rua results:
- Mauricio Rua vs. Dan Henderson
- Cezar Ferreira vs. C.B. Dollaway
- Leonardo Santos vs. Norman Parke
- Fabio Maldonado vs. Gian Villante
- Michel Prazeres def. Mairbek Taisumov via unanimous decision
- Rony Jason defeats Steven Siler by TKO at 1:17 of the first round
- Thiago Santos defeats Rony Markes by TKO at 0:53 of the first round
- Jussier Formiga defeats Scott Jorgensen via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:07 of the first round
- Kenny Robertson defeats Thiago Perpetuo via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:45 of the first round
- Hans Stringer defeats Francimar Barroso by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Godofredo Pepey defeats Noad Lahat by KO 2:39 of the opening round