According to a Feb. 15 report from Sherdog, Zubaira Tuhugov defeated Douglas Silva de Andrade in the opening preliminary card fight on the UFC Fight Night 36: Gegard Mousasi vs Lyoto Machida card that went down on Feb. 15 at the Arena Jaragua in Jaragua do Sul, Brazil.
In the second bout of the night, Felipe Arantes defeated Maximo Blanco via Unanimous Decision. All three judges had it 29-27 in Arantes' favor.
Later on the UFC Fight Night 36 card, Iuri Alcantara earned a split decision victory over Wilson Reis after 15 intense minutes of action.
Continuing a night full of fights that went to the judges' scorecards, Francisco Trinaldo took home a hard-fought split decision win over Jesse Ronson.
Also on the UFC Fight Night 36 preliminary card, Rodrigo Damm defeated Ivan Jorge via Unanimous Decision.
Jorge pieced together a brilliant final round, but it wasn't enough to convince the judges that he did enough to earn the nod for the win.
Headlining the UFC Fight Night 36 preliminary card, Joe Proctor crushed Cristiano Marcello.
Proctor, who earned a unanimous decision on the judges' scorecards, delivered a majestic performance that featured elegant striking and kicks.
The first seven fights of UFC Fight Night 36 went to judges' decision, but that streak was snapped by Charles Oliveira, who defeated Andy Ogle with a triangle-choke at the 2:40 mark of the third frame.
Later on the UFC Fight Night 36 card in Brazil, Machida (20-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) battles Mousasi (34-3-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) in a fight that could have serious UFC middleweight title implications.
Mousasi, 28, is coming off a forgettable decision win over Ilir Latifi, so he'll need an impressice victory over Machida to secure a title shot.
Machida, 35, might be a bit closer to a crack at the middleweight strap, as he's coming off a knockout victory over Mark Munoz.
However, nothing is guaranteed when it comes to UFC title shots. If Mousasi vs Machida turns out to be a snoozer, the winner of the Ronaldo Souza vs Francis Carmont fight could end up with a title shot.
Souza is actually ranked higher than Machida at middleweight, so it's not that wild to think he might be next up for a title fight against Chris Weidman or Vitor Belfort.
Here's a look at the full UFC Fight Night 36 results:
- Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi
- Ronaldo Souza vs. Francis Carmont
- Erick Silva vs. Takenori Sato
- Viscardi Andrade vs. Nicholas Musoke
- Charles Oliveira def. Andy Ogle via Submission (Triangle Choke) R3 2:40
- Joe Proctor def. Cristiano Marcello via Unanimous Decision
- Rodrigo Damm def. Ivan Jorge via Unanimous Decision
- Francisco Trinaldo def. Jesse Ronson via Split Decision
- Iuri Alcantara def. Wilson Reis via Split Decision
- Felipe Arantes def. Maximo Blanco via Unanimous Decision
- Ildemar Alcantara def. Albert Tumenov via split decision
- Zubaira Tuhugov def. Douglas Silva de Andrade via unanimous decision