According to a Feb. 21 report from SI.com, UFC bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey (8-0) puts her title on the line against undefeated Olympic wrestler Sara McMann (8-0) in the main event of UFC 170 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
Rousey, 27, has been tested before, but she thinks McMann is possibly the toughest opponent of her life.
“She’s an Olympian, a different level of athlete, like [UFC debut opponent and U.S. military veteran] Liz Carmouche that level of mental capacity, that level of pressure you’ve already been trained to deal with is special," Rousey said of McMann.
“Sara will not come in having already defeated herself. I’m not counting on her to beat herself. I’m counting on me to be the fighter that’s more technical, more skilled and wants it more. I know I want it more than her.”
If Rousey wins, she will likely fight the winner of Alexis Davis vs Jessica Eye sometime this summer. If McMann wins, there's a chance the UFC sets up a rematch between her and Rousey for July or August.
Cormier was originally slated to fight Rashad Evans, but "Suga" went down with a knee injury.
"With a win over Rashad Evans, there's a valid argument that I should be the next guy to challenge for the title," said Cormier. "But a win here doesn't really do that. It doesn't have the same effect. You beat Patrick Cummins, as I expect myself to do on Saturday night, yeah, there still is some work to be done. I believe I'm going to have to fight again in order to get that title shot I've been chasing for so long."
Also on the UFC 170 main card, Rory MacDonald looks to get back in the win column with a key welterweight tilt against Demian Maia, and Mike Pyle takes on TJ Waldburger.
Rounding out the UFC 170 main card, Robert Whittaker fights Stephen Thompson.
Here's a look at the full UFC 170 fight card and weigh-in results:
- Ronda Rousey (135) vs. Sara McMann (135)
- Daniel Cormier (205) vs. Patrick Cummins (205)
- Rory MacDonald (171) vs. Demian Maia (170)
- Mike Pyle (171) vs. TJ Waldburger (171)
- Robert Whittaker (170) vs. Stephen Thompson (170.5)
- Alexis Davis (135) vs. Jessica Eye (136)
- Raphael Assuncao (136) vs. Pedro Munhoz (135)
- Cody Gibson (135.5) vs. Aljamain Sterling (135.5)
- Zach Makovsky (125) vs. Josh Sampo (126)
- Rafaello Oliveira (155) vs. Erik Koch (155)
- Ernest Chavez (156) vs. Yosdenis Cedeno (155.5)