UFC 145 was slated to take place Mar. 24, 2012 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, but the UFC was forced to postpone the event. As a result, UFC 145 took place last night, Apr. 21, 2012, from Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. Local MMA fans from Knoxville who attended weren't disappointed!
UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon "Bones" Jones defended his title against No. 1 contender Rashad Evans, and defend it he did!
There were so many "WOWS" during this fight, it's hard to take just one fight and write about it, so I'll have to break them apart and write about all the WOWS we saw at UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans.
For now - I'm posting the results of the fights below. Suffice it to say my picks were terrible; I've never picked so wrong. Still, as I usually do, with the exception of Jon Jones, I made my picks based on who I wanted to win, not who I thought would win...
UFC 145 Results:
- Jon Jones def. Rashad Evans via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 50-45)
- Rory MacDonald def. Che Mills by TKO (punches), 2:20 of Round 2
- Ben Rothwell def. Brendan Schaub via KO at 1:10 of the first round.
- Michael McDonald def. Miguel Torres via knock out at 3:18 of the first round.
- Eddie Yagin def. Mark Hominick via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28).
- Mark Bocek def. John Alessio via unanimous decision (30-27 x2. and 29-28).
- Travis Browne def. Chad Griggs via submission (arm triangle choke) at 2:29 of round 1.
- Matt Brown def. Stephen Thompson via unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 29-27).
- Anthony Njokuani creams John Makdessi and wins via UD. (All three judges had it 30-27 for the former WEC fighter.)
- Mac Danzig def. Efrain Escudero by unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 29-28).
- Christ Clements def. Keith Wisniewski by split decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29).
- Marcus Brimage def. Maximo Blanco via split decision (30-27, 29-28 28-29).