Here's something akin to putting coal in your stocking: Medical News Today reports that the average Christmas dinner contains as much as 1,500 calories. Ouch.
Want to work off some of those calories with exercise? We've got your Christmas-calorie-burner guide here:
- Do Zumba dance for an hour and a half to burn more than 1500 calories. Twist, samba and sashay your way to slimness with the Zumba Exhilarate Body Shaping System DVD Set (click for details).
- Vinyasa yoga burns 600 calories in one hour. Recommended: Shiva Rea: Daily Energy - Vinyasa Flow Yoga (click for details).
- Ride a bike for 30 minutes to burn 300 calories, then do jumping jacks and other calisthenics for 30 minutes. Hop back on the bike for another half an hour, and you've burned off the 1500 calories. For that workout, try The Biggest Loser: The Workout - Boot Camp (click for details).
- Noticed that Miley's looking mighty slender? Credit twerking. Fitness trackers show that twerking burns up to 1,000 calories per hour. Wow. And while there isn't an app for that (yet), there is a CD: "Twerking Hitz" (click for details).
- Head out for a walk - and make it a fast one. Fast walking burns more than 500 calories per hour. Motivate yourself with a pedometer, such as the ACCUSPLIT AE170 Pedometer with Steps, Distance, and Calories Burned (click for details).