Planning a Super Bowl party or heading to one? You might want to consider counting calories as well as touchdowns: We consume 1,200 calories on average during the game. Ouch. Want to score a touchdown when it comes to nutrition? Replace those sour cream dips, corn chips and fried chicken snacks with these delicious treats:
- Slice fresh apples and pears. Arrange on a platter with an assortment of Bare Fruit 100% Organic Bake-Dried Cinnamon Apple Chips and Bare Fruit Organic Bake-Dried Mango Chips.
- For some of us, a game without chips is like Valentine's Day without chocolate. Solution: Baked chips rather than fried, such as Kettle Bakes 100 Calorie Sea Salt and Vinegar or White Cheddar Pirate's Booty.
- Snyders Mini Pretzels with an assortment of lower fat or reduced fat cheeses and sliced fresh fruit makes a great game platter.
- Sweets to the sweet, the healthy way, with Jovial Crispy Cocoa Einkorn Organic Cookies and Country Choice Organic Vanilla Snacking Cookie Wafers.
- What's to drink, dude? Make a clean, lean choice with 0-calorie flavored Hint Premium Essence Water and Sparkling Ice Spring Water.