This St. Patrick's Day have fun creating some fun projects; one for the kids and one for cute home decor.
The first project idea, for the kids, is the classic Leprechaun Trap. Have fun devising ways to capture that sneaky little guy and maybe get some special treat! Kids always love getting caught up in the fun of trying to trap the lucky fellow. There are lot's of options beyond covering an old Kleenex box in green construction paper. Here are a few tutorials for other ideas.
- The Chalk Trap. This can be endlessly redecorated, year after year.
- Trap in a Jar. There are a couple of fun traps at Jasey Crazy Daisy's blog.
- Leprechaun Hat Trap. Super cute top hat trap that is pretty easy to make.
The second project idea is elegant holiday home decor of banners. They are easy to make and look very lovely on a fireplace mantle or hung across a window.
- A Night Owl's blog has a cute "Kiss Me I'm Irish" with shamrock's banner.
- Lil Luna's blog has a banner made from recycled newspaper or maps that is eco friendly and quite lovely.
Have fun with these couple of craft ideas for the notorious March holiday! Make them fun and something that you might be able to use every year!