Long focused on sharing bite-sized messages, the fresh look for Twitter has a lot of people scratching their heads. From the new location of the profile picture, to the dual-sidebars, and the newsfeed, the whole thing looks positively Facebook-esque. A custom header mimics Facebook's cover photo.
Frankly, the similarity in the designs is startling.
The new look is supposed to reflect Twitter's increasing ties to visual media like photos and short video clips.
"This new profile setup is available today to a small group of users," Twitter said in announcing the update. "If you’re new to Twitter, you’ll start in with the new profile. In the coming weeks, we will roll out the new features to everyone."
If you want to take a look at the new design for yourself, check out some of these profiles:
- Film stars @zacefron and @channingtatum
- French TV host @nikosaliagas
- Australian Football League @AFL
- First Lady Michelle Obama @flotus
- Brazilian singer, guitarist, and songwriter @gilbertogil
- Boxer @FloydMayweather
- TV star @kerrywashington
- Musicians @JohnLegend and band @weezer
NOW READ THIS...
- Watch Steve Ballmer's bizarre 'goodbye' speech to Microsoft employees
- Netflix: 'Orange is the New Black' is our most successful original show
- Enjoy this disturbing video of Bill Gates dressed as Austin Powers
- Confused investors cause bankrupt Tweeter stock to soar