Twitch and Capcom have announced the birth of the very first Street Fighter-focused fighting game league, the Capcom Pro Tour. The year-long foundation will consist of premier events, ranking tournaments, and online tournaments, which will end the year with a grand finals in December at the Capcom Cup.
The line-up of premier events have been announced and detailed as follows:
The current line-up of premier events includes:
- Final Round (March 14~16 – Atlanta, GA, USA)
- NorCal Regionals (April 18~20 – Sacramento, CA, USA)
- Southeast Asia Majors (June 20~22 – Singapore)
- Community Effort Orlando (June 27~29 – Orlando, FL, USA)
- Evolution Championship Series (July 11~13 – Las Vegas, NV, USA)
- The Fall Classic (October 10~12 – Raleigh, NC, USA)
- DreamHack Winter (November 27~30 – Jönköping, Sweden)
Players can compete for one of the 16 slots available in the tour with a new point structure that tracks the rankings of those competing. If a player wins a premier event, they will instantly qualify for a spot. With 10 premier events, there will be six slots determined using the point structure in the Capcom Pro Tour.
The PR announcement also states:
All premier events retain their independence and core values, and will be collaborating with Capcom and Twitch to deliver the Street Fighter live streams via the Capcom Fighters Twitch channel. More details about the three additional premier events will be announced at a later date.
Points will be awarded to the top 16 placements at both premier events and ranking events. Ranking events are comprised of both trade shows and independent tournaments which are managed and streamed separately from the Capcom Pro Tour. Tournament organizers may apply to become a ranking event by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current line-up of ranking events includes:
• SoCal Regionals (February 28~March 2, Los Angeles, CA, USA)
• PAX East (April 11~13 – Boston, MA, USA)
• E3 (June 10~12 – Los Angeles, CA, USA)
• San Diego Comic Con (July 24~27 – San Diego, CA, USA)
Points will be awarded to SoCal Regional placements retroactively, and more details about additional ranking events will be announced at a later date.
Fighting game fans and players can keep track of the action and receive all of the latest news and information at the official Capcom Pro Tour website: www.capcomprotour.com.
As always, don't forget to hit "subscribe" at the top to keep up with all of the latest news, reviews, and previews. Plus, toss in a follow on Twitter.
Plus also, Game On, powered by Examiner, is a select group of reliable and credible writers, giving you the latest gaming news, reviews, interviews and previews. Follow the team onTwitter,Facebook, and YouTube.