1. Arts & Entertainment
  2. Books

Twilight series gets graphic

Die hard Twilight fans giddily anticipate the upcoming release of the graphic novel retelling of the series, which is set to hit book and comic stores mid-March 2010.

Stephenie Meyer teamed up with Korean artist, Young Kim, for a panel by panel consultation during the creation of the graphic novel to ensure every illustration stayed true to her vision. The comic will be black and white with splashes of color throughout the pages, blending Eastern and Western styles of artwork.

The origination of the Twilight story began as a dream that inspired Meyer so much, she spent the morning in bed thinking about the dream. She noted that upon seeing the cover art, it took her back to that dream, intensifying her personal connection to the story and characters.

The first print run of the graphic novel will be 350,000 copies, a mere fraction of the number of fans who will be scrambling to local book stores and comic shops in search of this new addition to the Twilight franchise.

In order to secure your copy now, visit the Harrisburg Borders at 5125 Jonestown Road to pre-order in person, or hop online to secure your copy. You may also be able to pre-order from local comic shops like Dimension X Comics: 717-695-3965 or Comix Connection in Mechanisburg: 717-591-2727.

Comments

• James Melzer 4 years ago

350,000 copies? WOW! That's amazing.

• Patrick 4 years ago

I have no doubt that 350k is not enough. If it is good, even die hard comic book geeks will buy it!

• Nancy King 4 years ago

Ooh! Now I know what my honey can get me for our anniversary! ^-^

• Nicole 4 years ago

I admit, I would read this. I don't normally read comic books, but I'll check this out.

• Mindy 4 years ago

Can't wait to get my sparkly little hands on this!!

• Joan Haines, Harrisburg Easy Meals Examiner 4 years ago

The first graphic novel adaptation I read was a kids' book called "Coraline." It's cool to read a novel, and then read and see it as a graphic novel. If I can judge this Twilight book by its cover, shown above, it looks fabulous. I'll bet it will be a gigantic hit. Good luck on getting a copy.

Arts & Entertainment

• La Toya Jackson
    La Toya Jackson hits the club in music video for 'Feels Like Love'
    Headlines
  • Keith Urban
    Dozens of concertgoers were treated for alcohol-related illnesses at a Keith Urban show
    Video
    Today's Buzz
  • Comic-Con
    Check out some of the sexiest women on hand at this year's Comic-Con
    Camera
    20 Photos
  • The Hunger Games
    The trailer for 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' has debuted online
    Camera
    17 Photos
  • Beck
    Beck makes good on their long absence from St. Louis with a two hour set
    Camera
    17 Photos
  • Wonder Woman
    Take an in-depth look at the hot new costume we'll be seeing on Wonder Woman
    Video