1. Life
  2. Society & Culture
  3. Social Issues

'Twilight' hunk Taylor Lautner sues for emotional distress

Taylor Lautner has filed a breach of contract suit against a McMahon's RV, a California company, alleging fraud and emotional distress.

Lautner ordered a $300,000 custom-built RV for his use during production of the film 'Abduction" in Pennsylvania.  However, he claims the RV wasn't delivered on time, and was not customized as to his satisfaction as promised in the contract.

Many bloggers are calling Lautner a "diva" and saying he's overreacting by suing for emotional distress.  However, in California, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress are common claims.  How would you like it if you paid $300,000 for something and instead got a piece of crap, and late to boot?

Good for Taylor for exercising his rights against this unscrupulous company.

Comments?  Leave them below.  Click "Subscribe" above to have articles emailed to you.  Your email address will never be shared with a third party.

Comments

Um... Wow..

Taylor has every right to sue. I ask for my money back on products and services that are inadequate, I think most anyone who values their money does. If he paid that much hard-earned money for this RV, then he has every right to sue for it if he didnt receive what he was promised in the contract. Those who criticize him for exercising this right are simply ignorant.

aah i feel sorry for him hes my hero :)

I'm glad that you added the lines about the laws in California... you made a very good point. Thanks for not making Taylor look like a bratty teenager.

that's is good for you Tay.....we're on your side.....

I simply agree with eveyone. i mean how would you like it if you didnt get what you paid for. That would really such. Anyways I love you Taylor Lutner soo muchh haha. by the way i cant wait for Breaking Dawn, so damn excitingg or not fans?!?! NAME ONE CELEBRITY WHO DOESN'T THINK HE OR DHE IS A DIVA

Taylor has every right too sue. $300,000 is a lot of money to spend on something that he obviously needs for his job. I would sue too if I paid all that money and didn't get what I asked for. As for all the bloggers who say he is a diva, you should all be ashamed of yourselves!!!

• alyssa espina 4 years ago

jacob alyssa espina love me my hot is i you see you love hot a is

• Cindy Bowman 4 years ago

What a freaking Diva Taylor is....emotional distress for not getting a motor home on time?? Gimme a break!

A nice decent person must have written this article and I applaud you. Thank you for being fair.

Taylor's fans know he is not a Diva and we support him.

• Celebrity Obession Examiner 4 years ago

Thank you for the compliment. It is common practice in California to add a claim of intentional or negligent emotional distress to almost any suit. I'm sure it was Taylor's attorney's idea, not his own.

• Kristen Marie 4 years ago

People need to stop over analyzing Taylor Lautner and his drama. He doesn't know who any of you are. Nor does he care. Why do people put this much effort into someone they are never going to meet? Why put this much effort into someone who wouldn't do the same for you? Its just not worth it!

he's gorgeous! he can do whatever the hell he wants! leave him alone! its his rights so why shouldnt he? i love you Taylor x

Things happen that we cannot control and sometimes things that are to be delivered don't get there on time. If the RV was a day or two late - big deal. Now if the RV was four -five days late, that's something else. Plus, did they call and explain for the reason of the lateness? A reasonable excuse would probably had given them some slack on delivering late. As order goes...I don't worry about something that doesn't cost that much but anything over 50 bucks, if its not what I want then I want a refund. For example, weddings always go wrong. So you spend big bucks for a wonderful meal right. Comes to the night of the meal, 100 or so guest are there and the meat is spoiled. Wouldn't you want your money back? Would you want that company to give you the money and shrug it off? Nope, you probably would sue. Its possible that Taylor might have reused the RV, why be stuck with something you didn't want in the first place. I'm sure the money isn't a lot to him now but sometimes its the principle that matters. And don't think for a moment that if any common person breached a contract that the contract holder wouldn't sue you - they would. He's done nothing wrong. A diva would sue because JUST the door handle was silver and they wanted golden.