It may not be among the main-line trends this season, however, tweed has a way of suggesting that we're trapped midway into the Fall. Not only that, it is also a classic fabric that can be mixed and matched with various colors and fabrics and still breed high fashion--tweed is in a way high fashion, as is herringbone and jacquard and all of the other 'look at me I'm fancy' prints but in a very dashing way.
This season pair a tweed skirt with a silk navy blue or forest green pussy bow blouse. A tweed jacket with knee high camel colored boots, and a tweed dress with pointy cap toe pumps. Here are a few tweed offerings to help seal the deal...
1. Stella Jean Tweed Coat $1,053 farfetch.com
2. Nicholas Kirkwood Boucle-tweed and Velvet Pumps $438 theoutnet.com
3. Badgley Mischka Satin-trimmed Metallic Tweed Dress $270 theoutnet.com
4. Coach Poppy Small Blaire Tote in Quilted Boucle Fabric $348 coach.com
5. Franco Sarto Tweed Flats $73 lorishoes.com
6. Missoni Vintage Oversized Tweed Coat $126 farfetch.com
7. J. Crew Tweed Front Merino Sweater $118 jcrew.com
8. Marc Jacobs Tweed Pencil Skirt $228 theoutnet.com
9. Jack Willis Aberthaw Blazer $328 jackwillis.com
10. River Island Tweed Biker Jacket $40 riverisland.com