Skip to main content
TV

See also:

Tulisa Contostavlos is welcome back on 'X Factor'; she admits plastic surgery

Tulisa Contostavlos
Tulisa ContostavlosGetty Images

Scandal-ridden former "X Factor" U.K. judge Tulisa Contostavlos is welcome to come back on the show as a guest, says "X Factor" creator/executive producer Simon Cowell and "X Factor" U.K. judge Louis Walsh. Meanwhile, Contostavlos has publicly admitted that she has had plastic surgery on her face.

According to a Sunday People report published on Aug. 3, 2014, sources say Cowell respects how Contostavlos has handled her legal troubles, and he is open to the idea of her making a guest appearance on the show, possibly as a guest mentor. Cowell is quoted as saying about Contostavlos: "Tulisa's been thought a rough time and has come through it. I think she deserves a break now. I think she's got a lot of opportunities ahead of her."

Walsh, who also expressed his support for Contostavlos, told the Sunday People: "I have spoken to Tulisa. I totally support her. I spent so much time in her dressing room. I know who the real Tulisa is. She's not Mother Teresa but she's a lovely girl. She's rough around the edges but she's a good girl. I like her.

"I definitely would have her at judges' houses. She'll bounce back. She's a tough lady and she's made it this far on her own. My advice would be to make a great record and show off that gorgeous face of hers. Solo or group? She can do both."

Contostavlos (who is 26) was a judge on "The X Factor" U.K. in 2011 and 2012. She was fired in 2013, and was replaced by Sharon Osbourne that year. Osbourne quit the show at the end of 2013 and was replaced by Cheryl Cole in 2014. Contostavlos found fame in 2008 as a member of the hip-hop trio N-Dubz, which has been on hiatus since 2012.

In 2011, Contostavlos was the "X Factor" mentor of girl group Little Mix, which became the first group to win on "The X Factor" U.K. Little Mix has since gone on to have hits in several countries. Just like One Direction, the members of Little Mix originally auditioned for "The X Factor" as solo singers but were put together in a group after the show rejected them as solo singers.

Over the years, Contostavlos' facial features have changed, which led to speculation that she has had plastic surgery. She has now admitted that she has had Botox, fillers and lip injections. She told The Guardian: "Yes, I’ve had my lips done, and I’m happy with my lips. And I also had a tiny bit of filler in my cheeks. Pictures of me where my face swelling, I had water retention, where you have filler your face draws up loads of water. So my face began to swell like a balloon."

As previously reported, Contostavlos was found guilty of assaulting celebrity blogger Savvas Morgan, also known as Vas J Morgan, but Contostavlos says she is innocent and plans to appeal the verdict, which was rendered at Chelmsford Magistrates Court in Chelmsford, England. Contostavlos was accused of hitting Morgan during a conflict at the 2013 V Festival in Chelmsford. Contostavlos will be sentenced on a date to be announced.

After the verdict, Morgan and Contostavlos made separate statements.

Morgan told ITV News: "I'm delighted that we can finally put an end to this and move on. It's been a difficult time for everyone involved and I would just like to put it behind me. I've had my character questioned and now feel vindicated by the verdict."

Contostavlos said in her statement: "This has been a rollercoaster week for me. I never wanted any of this. I did not assault Vas J Morgan and I am outraged at this decision. I will be appealing it. I am determined to clear my name as I have already done once this week. I repeat: I did not assault Vas J Morgan. I am innocent."

The V Festival incident between Morgan and Contostavlos occurred in August 2013. According to the Daily Mail: "It emerged during the [trial] proceedings there was a long history of tension between the two after Mr. Morgan used his website to publish a sex tape involving the singer."

Contostavlos' sex video was banned under a court injunction shortly after it was leaked in 2012. In the video (which was made in 2008), she is shown giving oral sex to Justin Edwards (also known as rapper MC Ultra), who was her boyfriend at the time. She sued Edwards, who at first denied and then admitted to leaking the video. The lawsuit against Edwards was settled out of court, and he made a public apology. Contostavlos sued several other people whom she said were also responsible for leaking or distributing the video, but she eventually dropped those lawsuits.

The assault conviction came just one week after Contostavlos was cleared of charges of supplying cocaine. The cocaine trial against her collapsed when the trial's judge declared that a key witness (Mazer Mahmood, an undercover reporter from The Sun) lied under oath, so the charges against Contostavlos were dismissed. She had been accused of setting up a £800 deal to sell cocaine to someone she thought was a movie producer but was really Mahmood, who videotaped Contostavlos allegedly arranging the drug deal. As part of the undercover sting, Mahmood was pretending to be a film producer who was interested in having Contostavlos co-star in a movie with Leonardo DiCaprio.

Contostavlos' close friend Michael Coombs (also known as rapper Mike GLC) reportedly was caught on video selling cocaine to Mahmood. Coombs pled guilty to supplying cocaine, but the charges against him were also dismissed before he could be sentenced. The Sun has suspended Mahmood pending an investigation. According to the Sunday People, Contostavlos is thinking about suing Mahmood and is considering her legal options.

Meanwhile, Contostavlos' personal assistant Gareth Varey is facing charges of supplying cocaine. He was arrested in March 2014. Varey is also facing charges of harassing Morgan. Varey has pled not guilty to the harassment charge.

It is unclear at this point what Contostavlos will do next in her career. She has not worked since her June 2013 arrest on the cocaine charge. Before the arrest, she and the other members of N-Dubz had been planning to reunite, but those plans were obviously put on hold.

Contostavlos' solo career has had mixed results. Her first solo single, "Young," was a No. 1 hit in the U.K. in 2012. However, her first solo album ("The Female Boss") released later that year was a huge flop. Her 2012 memoir, "Honest: My Story So Far," also bombed.

Aug. 8, 2014 update: According to The Sun, Contostavlos will be a guest mentor assisting Walsh in the judges' houses episodes of 2014. An unnamed source told The Sun: “This is a massive deal for Tulisa. She’s determined to get her career back on track, and having Simon’s support means a lot.”