Let's face it, ANY time is a good time for breakfast - even a Meatless Monday dinner! And if you have been wondering if you could cook delicious foods that are also "vegan" (no animal products used, such as eggs or butter or milk); then you may want to try this recipe for Vegan Pancakes. These moist and fluffy pancakes are sure to become a staple of your home-cooked recipe book, as they are pretty easy to make and very versatile. Even if you are not ready to give up meat and animal products entirely, you'll enjoy this healthy recipe.
What you will need:
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups warmed almond milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/8 cup of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic fast rise yeast
- fresh fruit, maple syrup or honey
- Warm the almond milk, do not boil - you just want it to be warm for the yeast.
- Mash up the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the warm almond milk, flour, brown sugar, coconut oil and yeast to the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Let the mixture rest and sit somewhere warm for about 20 minutes - this will let the yeast rise and help to make your pancakes fluffy.
- Heat up a lightly oiled skillet or griddle.
- Ladle or spoon your batter onto the pan and cook as you would regular pancakes (about 2 minutes on each side, on medium heat).
- Serve with warm maple syrup or honey and fresh fruit.
There you have it, a totally vegan recipe for a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner on a Meatless Monday.
Bon Apetit! Comments? Questions? Story information, product to review or breaking news? Please contact Natalia Corres at Natalia@bakwep.com.
Enjoy this article? Don't forget to "like" or share it. You can receive email alerts when new articles are available. To subscribe click on the "+Subscribe" button above.