During this holiday season we hear about the luck of the Irish. Can some of that luck be due to all the green foods, decorations and folklore that talks about the color green? However it is determined in the legends everyone will believe they got lucky when one of these Irish minty green milkshakes are placed in front of them as an afternoon treat or after dinner dessert drink. The shakes coloring is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day and looks so refreshing. Enjoy a lucky shake today!
- 5 cups of vanilla bean ice cream
- 2 cup of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- Liquid green food coloring
- Whipped cream
- Small green four leaf clover candy decors
- Add the ice cream, extract and milk together in a blender.
- Process the mixture for a few second.
- Add a drop or two of food coloring and hit blend until you reach the green color desired.
- Pour the minty ice cream shake into tall chilled glasses.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle a few four leaf clover candy decors over the cream.
- Serve immediately.
- Other garnish options are to place an Oreo cookie on top of the whipped cream or an Andes candy chocolate square.
- To get into the spirit with a little spirit add 1 ounce of peppermint schnapps into the blender. Give the shake mixture one more whirl with the blender right before pouring into individual glasses.
- Recipe yields approximately 4 servings.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.