She might be Sookie Stackhouse to millions of fans of the "True Blood" TV series, but actress Anna Paquin will have to leave vampires behind to deal with possibly equally menacing mutants in the upcoming "X-Men" movie, "Days of Future Past." According to a Jan. 26, 2013 report on the Huffington Post, Paquin will join Hugh Jackman, "The Hobbit's" Ian McKellen, and "The Hunger Games'" Jennifer Lawrence in the upcoming Marvel Comics movie.
In 2000, actress Anna Paquin played Rogue/ Marie in Bryan Singer's adaptation of the Marvel comic series of superheroes, "The X-Men." According to the IMDb, Rogue's mutation is that she has the ability to
life force" of others, which includes memories and (if applicable) powers, and renders that person unconscious. She is unable to control her powers, and therefore must keep her skin covered at all times. In certain incarnations, she also has superhuman strength, flight and invulnerability.
Just recently, the "X-Men" director took to his Twitter account to name the latest additions to the "Days of Future Past" cast. Bryan Singer wrote,
Very excited to welcome #annapaquin, @ellenpage &@shawnrashmore to #XMen #DaysofFuturePast - thank you@BrettRatner for letting them live!
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" hits theaters in July of 2014. Anna Paquin is married to her "True Blood" co-star, Stephen Moyer. They have two children.
Sources: Twitter, IMDb, Huffington Post
Read more about Marvel and DC Comics superheroes as well as other fantasy movies by clicking on the links in the sentences below:
- 'TDKR,' 'Skyfall,' 'The Bourne Legacy' among top 10 most pirated this week (Video)
- New Man of Steel trailer shows a tortured Superman searching for identity
- Superman cartoons from 40s give fans a fix while waiting for Man of Steel
- Christopher Nolan Playlist interview: Talks Superman, The Dark Knight Rises “radical” ending
- The Hobbit trailer for TV released: Scenes introduce Smaug (the dragon)
- New Hobbit movie clip: Bilbo is gifted the Sting sword
- Are Adam Sandler, Jim Carrey possibles for 'Guardians of the Galaxy' movie cast?
- All female superhero X-Men comic to break down gender barrier in comics
- Joss Whedon News: Marvel Comics' S.H.I.E.LD TV pilot starts filming (Video)
- ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’s’ Emma Stone covers W magazine, talks ‘drunk’ Oscars
- Iron Man Tony Stark acquires Chinese Smart devices in 3rd superhero installment
- New Hobbit photo gives fans a look at Orlando Bloom as Legolas the elf
- The Hobbit production diaries #9: Crew crazy busy weeks before premiere!
- The Hobbit production diaries #10: Gollum looms large in days before premiere
- “LOTR,” “Harry Potter,” “Hunger Games” among best novels of 20th, 21st centuries
- Red letter day in Middle Earth history: Today would be Tolkien's 121st birthday! (Video)
- 'The Hobbit' movie facts: Tobey Maguire, Daniel Radcliffe considered for Bilbo
Follow me on Twitter. Subscribe by clicking on this link to updates on the entertainment world right in your email box. It's FREE!