The Beaverkill Angler will be holding its 'TroutoberFest 2013' on Saturday October 12 and Sunday October 13. Located in Roscoe, a sleepy Catskill village referred to as 'Trout Town USA', The Beaverkill Angler has been serving fly anglers since 1979, not far from the junction of the storied Willowemoc and Beaverkill rivers.
Included in the TroutoberFest agenda are these events:
Fly Tying Demos:
- Pat Cohen - Pat will demonstrate his outstanding tying skills with stacked deer hair flies.
- Henry Ramsay - Author of the book "Matching Major Eastern Hatches, New Patterns for Selective Trout", Henry will show how to tie what's best for our trout waters.
- John Shaner - Hardy's own John Shaner will be demonstrating how to tie classic wet flies.
- Dave Brandt - An award-winning fly tyer and instructor at the Wulff Fly Fishing School, Dave will be demonstrating how to tie traditional Catskill dry flies.
- William Anderson - William is a fan of soft hackles, spiders, and flymphs and will show how to tie them.
- Vern-O - It's anyone's guess what this tyer will demo. Last year it was soft hackles and steelhead flies. This year, who knows...?
- Catskill John - A local favorite, John will be tying up some of his famous Salmon flies.
- Dan Thomas - Dan is a very experienced tyer and known for his Catskill patterns.
- Kevin Compton - A professional fly tyer, Kevin will demo his fly tying and also give a presentation on barbless hooks.
- Women's Beginning Fly Tying Class A first ever for TroutoberFest - fly tying taught my women for women!
Fishing Skills / Instruction:
- Dynamic Nymphing with George Daniel
- Steelheading Strategies with Loren Williams
- Free Orvis Fly Fishing 101
- Free Women's Fly Fishing Clinic
Casting Skills / Instruction:
- Switch and Spey Casting with Eric Reed
- Advanced Casting Instruction with Peter Kutzer
- Free Fly Rod and Gear Appraisals with John Shaner
- Women's Wine and Cheese Mixer, sponsored by Patagonia
- New Orvis Products for 2014
- TroutoberFest Fly Fishing Tournament - this is a FIPS-Mouche style tournament that's open to all skill and experience levels and a Trout Legend sanctioned event.
All in all, TroutoberFest 2013 looks to be a fun and informative weekend for any fly angler, regardless of experience level. Spend the weekend in Roscoe, enjoy the last colors of fall, learn new skills, gain more knowledge, check out new gear, and wet a line - all in the same weekend! Contact the fly shop at (607) 498-5194 for more information or visit the shop website or facebook page.