Come out and join in the fun on Sunday, April 29, from 1pm to 5pm at Bob Woodruff Park in Plano. This 5K or 1 Mile Family Fun Run/Walk dog friendly event benefits Trooper’s Team and the Susan G. Komen Dallas 3-Day and will have many other fun activities for you and your dog.
Race or walk with your dog! Meet local businesses, enter the dog contest, enjoy kid-friendly entertainment, and much more!
5k Pre-register $25, Race Day $30 (includes t-shirt, goodie bag, and raffle ticket)
1k Pre-register $15, Race Day $20 (includes t-shirt, goodie bag, and raffle ticket)
Don’t want to race?
Admission + T-shirt $15 / Admission Only $5
1:30 1K/5K Run/Walk
2:30 DJ inspired kids games (Hoola Hoop/Musical Chairs)
3:00 Run/Walk Awards and Winners announced
3:15 Eagle Martial Arts Kids Demonstration
3:45 Pet Costume Contest and Pet Parade and games (bobbing for hot dogs, musical sit)
4:30 Kids Dance Contest
Sign up now: www.barkforacure.org
5 Reasons you don’t want to miss the Bark For A Cure, Trot for Trooper event:
- Cool T-shirt, FREE Raffle Ticket (AWESOME RAFFLE PRIZES) & Goody bag filled with treats!
- Pet Parade & Costume Contest, Musical Sit, Bobbing for Hot Dogs, Paw Art Prints and more!
- Awards for 1st Female, Male, Child and Dog to cross the finish line for 1K Walk, 5K Walk & Run.
- Kid friendly activities, Face Painting, Hoola Hoop Contest, Musical Chairs, Dance Contest and more!
- Most of all, you are having fun while helping raise money for Cancer Research and Pet Rescue!
Trooper's Team, a 501(c)3 pet charity raising funds and awareness to help pet rescue organizations subsidize the cost of medical care, vaccinations, spay/neuter and behavior modification. The goal is to offer assistance and provide deserving pets a chance live a life filled with love and happiness.
Read about Trooper at http://www.troopersteam.org/category/blog/
For more info: If you are interested in learning more about the power of positive training or different ways to solve problems and communicate with your dog, there are many places you can start, including this link to www.clickertraining.com. As always, you can email me at TAMIam@training-spot.net with any questions or comments, or for help with specific issues that you are having with your dog. There are links to more resources at Training Spot .