There is no better way to spend the rainy season, than snuggled up on the sofa with friends or loved ones, sharing a warm cup of tea.
I found this recipe in a Crock-pot owners manual. It is an easy, delicious, treat to welcome in the spring and warm you inside and out.
Hot Tropical Tea
- 1 mango
- 2 small pineapples
- coconut water
- 1 gallon hot water
- 12 teabags (strings and labels removed)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- *2 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 orange, sliced (half inch thick)
- 1 star fruit, sliced (half inch thick)
- Dice one small pineapple
- Juice the second pineapple, adding enough coconut water to equal *2 1/2 cups juice.
- Dice the mango
NOTE: always try to replace canned products such as fruit and juice, with natural foods. Juicing allows for natural sugars in this recipe.
- Combine all ingredients into the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours
- Serve with mint garnish
Use a 7 quart cooker
From my home to yours: another favorite recipe - enjoyed with nutrition in mind.