Out of Oslo, Norway (which is how it should be) comes a game is set to hit the App Store on February 26, 2014 in English, French, Spanish and German. Sorry, Android and browser users will have to wait until spring and summer for their releases. Trolls vs Vikings is a brand new tower defense game. And, yes, it does share some similarities with a certain Plants-based game.
- Embark a different sort of tower defense experience. Play as nature loving trolls, who must defend their magical homeland from fierce Viking invaders.
- Extensive story mode, spanning the seasons, where each one brings new environments, challenges, tactics, bosses and hilarious new enemies to fight.
- Fight in terrifying boss fights. You can take down the famous Nordic gods like Thor and Odin, or Loki.
- And many more things to be unveiled, including movable towers, set-pieces, strategic resource gathering, and dynamic in-game tile system.
- Future releases will feature multiplayer matches to share it all with friends through a seamless social sharing and comparing system.
All the developers on Trolls vs Vikings have extensive experience from the games industry, and Megapop's team has previously co-founded companies like Funcom, Artplant and Innerloop. The team have thus directed or been leads on a long range of award winning games over the last 20 years, including Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, Dreamfall - The Longest Journey, Battlestar Galactica Online and many, many others. The team also consists of composer Aleksander Dimitrevic, which makes one of his first forays into the games industry. He has previously composed trailer music for more than 100 Hollywood movies, including Harry Potter, Narnia, X-men, Pirates of the Caribbean, Wall-E and the Simpsons movie.
To learn more about Trolls vs. Vikings: