If you are a chocolate lover there isn’t any way you could pass up these chocolate chip cookies. The triple chocolate chips used in the recipe make all your chocolate dreams come true. One batch will put you over the top and for many will limit how many cookies you can eat at one sitting.
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of butter
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups of chocolate chips (dark, milk and semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350’.
- In a small pan or in the microwave melt the butter over a medium heat.
- The butter should get lightly brown in color in about 6-10 minutes.
- Once the butter starts to change color use a whisk to prevent it from burning until it darkens to a light brown.
- Once the desired color is achieved remove the butter from the stove and pour it into a bowl to cool.
- After the butter cools add in the sugar and beat well.
- Now add the vanilla, egg yolk and egg and mix well.
- Then add in all the dry ingredients and mix until all is combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a large spoon.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Drop tablespoons of cookie dough on cookie sheets two inches apart.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown in color.
- Allow cookies to cool on tray for 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies are fully cooled down transfer them again to a platter, cookie jar or air-tight container until ready to serve.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: