Sunshine, cool breezes, rolling surf and warm sand beneath your feet. Beach season is drawing near. However, in some parts of this great big wonderful world, it's always beach season!
Reportedly, "Hawaii has seven of the top 10 U.S. beaches, including the top beach: Lanikai Beach, in Kailua, on the island of Oahu. Within Hawaii, Maui, has three beaches in the top 10, Oahu has two, and Kauai and the Island of Hawaii each have one."
The following ten beaches are the most enjoyed by travelers.
Top 10 beaches in the U.S.
1. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii
2. Ka'anapali Beach, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
3. Siesta Key Public Beach, Siesta Key, Florida
4. Hanalei Beach, Hanalei, Kauai, Hawaii
5. Wai'anapanapa State Park, Hana, Maui, Hawaii
6. Wailea Beach, Wailea, Maui, Hawaii
7. Hunting Island State Park, Beaufort, South Carolina
8. Manini'owali Beach (Kua Bay), Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
9. Saint Pete Beach, Saint Pete Beach, Florida
10. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
The report also listed the Top 10 beaches worldwide. The following beaches made the cut for international travelers.
Top 10 beaches in the world
1. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
4. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
5. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
6. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
7. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
8. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii
9. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
10. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Check out the spectacular pictorial slideshow, featuring the beautiful beaches of the U.S.