Doesn't it seem like everyone you come across these days is a triathlete? I've come across this phenomenon, so I've come to wonder if triathlon has become as popular as it appears. Thankfully, USA Triathlon (USAT) has just released its' 2013 statistics on the sport. Here are some highlights:
- 517,150 people finished the 4,327 USA Triathlon sanctioned 2013 events.
- USAT experienced an 80% growth rate for its webinar offerings over 2012. They offered 90 webinars in 2013.
- USA Triathlon registered 1,050 clubs and 604 Certified Race Directors.
- 1,551,902 logged training miles by 121 clubs and 3,053 athletes in a three-month period for the 2012-2013 USA Triathlon National Challenge Competition.
- 410 new USA Triathlon Certified Coaches (Level I, Level II, Level II Endurance and Youth & Junior), bringing the total of Certified Coaches at all levels to 2,961.