What’s classic, is as iconic as polka dots, and one of the leading trends for 2013? If you answered stripes then you’ve been paying attention to one of the break out trends of the year. The striping trend has ushered its way into 2013 full force, making headway for the spring after a successful stint for the fall 2012.
Rag & Bone, Richard Chai and Michael Kors all featured stripes for their fall 2012 collections. Michael Kors transferred his use of the archetypal fabric for the spring 2013 along with a host of other designers that include Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Christian Dior, Balmain, Dolce & Gabbana, Giles and Moschino.
With practically every top designer on board with the trend, it is safe to say stripes may be the new it print for the spring. Here 10 striped pieces to inspire your next ensemble…
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs striped mouse flats $230 ssense.com
2. Comme des Garcon shirt man contrast sweater $274 lagarconne.com
3. H&M dress 32 hm.com
4. Givenchy Anigona stripe medium bag $3,705 marissacollections.com
5. Crop stripe long-sleeve $20 delias.com
6. Moschino Cheap & Chic stripe bow side platform sandal $677 my-wardrobe.com
7. Camila & Marc peach silver metallic dress $525 stylebop.com
8. Black stripe sweater $26 wallisfashion.com
9. Parallel lines dress $30 nastygal.com
10. Kenzo Van print shoe $50 openeningceremony.us
Balmain open striped blazer $2,555 farfetch.com