Sneakers are one of those trends (if you can call it that) that will absolutely never go away, after all who doesn't mind the extra comfort they provide?
It's not just the functionally and convenience of sneakers that makes it a top trending item this season, it's the style factor of pairing sneakers with dresses that has thrust the shoe as the image of breaking out of fashion rules and forging ahead new trends.
Sneakers took to the runways in the most daring and impromptu fashion, giving us a reason to toss aside heels in favor of kicks. They were a surprise hit on the Spring 2014 runways for Chanel, Dior and Marc Jacobs.
Here are a few sneakers we think would make for an excellent sneaker + dress combo...
1. Puma Women's Sky Wedge $40 famousfootwear.com
2. Nike Dunk Sky Hi Limited Edition Gold $500 blueandcream.com
3. Reebok Sneaker The Freestyle Hi Sneaker $18 karmaloop.com
4. New Balance for J.Crew 620 Sneaker $80 jcrew.com
5. Yellow Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Ox Seasonals $53 very.co.uk
6. Forever 21 Fresh Faux Suede High-Tops $21 forever21.com
8. Mancapane Gray Hightop Sneaker $123 yoox.com
9. Etoile Isabel Marant Burt $730 barneys.com
10. Just Cavalli Trainers $141 yoox.com