The latest trend straight from the runways this Spring is not for the fashion faint at heart. Knock out peek-a-boo pieces are among the scintillating and sexy attire that is partially bearing it all in the most provocative way.
This isn’t about your occasional nip slip or pelvic line exposure, these are sexy introductions in the form of daring cutouts, midriff-bearing separates, up-to-there splits, and sheer fabrics. The runways were clamoring with peek-a-boo pieces.
Jill Stuart, BCBGMaxAzria, Vivienne Tam, Diane von Furstenberg, Jason Wu, Nanette Lepore and Cushnie et Ochs all featured the trend. This season the peek-a-boo trend has a sort of a spin to it, in order to maximize the style the trick is to be subtle in exposure without going full monty, and utilize pieces that reveal a hint of skin.
Here are 10 peek-a-boo styles that evoke the trend the way it was intended-- showing some skin in the most daring yet conventional way.
1. Cropped mesh sweater in oatmeal $149 kingsofcole.com
2. Coast Arabella lace top $120 houseoffraser.co.uk
3. Issa lace-paneled stretch knit dress $663 net-a-porter.com
4. River Island pink tile print cut out skater dress $52 riverisland.com
5. Anna Kosturova flashback monokini $189 revolveclothing.com
6. Modcloth 'A winning style' dress $75 modcloth.com
7. Prabal Gurung for Target sleeveless tee in First Date print $27 target.com
8. Motel Rocks Goldie bodycon dress in periwinkle hexagon mesh $69 shopthetrendboutique.com
9. Topshop mesh and bandage bodycon dress $98 nordstrom.com
10. Moschino Cheap and Chic top $225 yoox.com