Ladies, beware of the graphic content this spring because you’ll be seeing a lot of it everywhere; from stripes to spots to flowers to freehand brush strokes; designers weren't scared of showing us bold proportions on their printed garments.
Antoni & Alison, Rebecca Minkoff and Tracy Reece, among others; went for traditional florals for spring; while Matthew Williamson experimented with photo prints, surreal landscapes and ombre effects; Preen showed us a variety of snakeskin and crocodile combinations paired with stripe and floral effects and of course, Mary Katranzou, print royalty; did not let us down this season; her exquisite designs featured vintage European postage stamps references, bird and butterfly visuals and decorative linear structures to keep up with the geometric aesthetic.
There’s no doubt that women’s spring-summer 2013 collections were a visual explosion; the digital Age is here and it is time for us to take advantage of it and lose the fear of the print extravaganza. Of course solid colored pieces are still a wardrobe must-have but why not mix them up with original prints and patterns to stand out from the crowd once in a while.
BUY THE TREND:
- ASOS Feather Digital Print Cut Out Suit: $18.47
- ASOS Top With Digital Print And Peplum: $32.45
- ASOS T-Shirt with Digital Print: $35.08
- ASOS Quilted Top With Digital Lady Print: $46.48
- ASOS Pom Pom Embellished Digital Print Scarf: $49.25
- River Island Digital Print Skirt: $52.62
- Knitted Mono Morrocan Crop Jumper: $76.00
- Selected Ghita Snake Print Shirt: $87.95
- Ganni Shirt in Palm Print: $157.86
- GUESS Brittney Ankle Skinny Digital-Print Jean: $138.00
- Calla Shirt In Print: $232.19
- Amore & Sorvete Lou Lou Bird Print Bandeau Bikini Set: $294.67
- DIGITAL PRINT WOOL DRESS: $522.41
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Maude Dress: $548.00