Blue, as one third of the primary colors, is still hanging on to its title, being a very strong and basic shade on any wardrobe.
This invincible color is perfect for day and night, what changes through seasons it’s the brightness of it: during winter, it tends to get darker; but as spring awakens so does this color, as it starts lighting up and turning into an elegant, daring and provocative electric blue.
Some say “blue is the new black”; and whether that’s true or not, designers did incorporated lots of blue garments on their spring 2013 collections. From Paul Smith to Emilio de la Morena to Carven, they all presented their own versions of the little blue dress. While Elie Saab and Missoni went for pant suits in vivid blue and Haider Ackerman, Hermes and Kenzo sticked with the maxi trend with long lose dresses.
Don’t miss out on this trend; it won’t be hard to find blue pieces at stores, pair them up with the rest of the primary colors for a colorful twist or, when in doubt, combine it with black; this shall raise its power.
Prepare to go deep into the blue.
WHERE TO BUY:
- Blaze Cutout Dress: $48.00
- Peplum Bandage Dress: $58.00
- Soiree Platform: $120.00
- Free People Hazy Days Maxi Slip: $148.00
- Vince Camuto One Button Blazer: $150.00
- Eileen Fisher Boxy Silk Shirt Neptune: $159.46
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Structured Knit Blazer: $160.00
- Free People Vintage Black Tulle Skirt: $168.00
- Blue Chalcedony Cabochon Ring: $190.00
- The North Face 'Metropolis' Parka: $191.98
- rag & bone 'Bailey' Jacket: $194.00
- kate spade new york 'broome street' overdyed skinny jeans:: $195.00
- Cynthia Steffe Colorblock Peplum Dress: $198.00
- Olian Maternity 'Angeline' Maxi Dress: $168.00
- Charlotte Olympia Kitty Satin Flat Slipper: $595.00