Short and revealing bottoms such as hot pants are a thing of the past, big and bulkier shorts likened to harem pants are a cumbersome thought, so what does that leave us with?--Bermuda shorts! The classic all-American look is in style this season.
A distant relative to capri pants, Bermuda shorts were spotted on the spring runways for Rag & Bone, DKNY and Peter Som. You don’t have to be a professional golfer to adequately sport the trend, there are a number of designs, colors, patterns and styles to suit anyone’s fashion cravings.
What’s more to love about Bermuda shorts is that they’re ultra comfortable, can be dressed up or down, and when paired with a blazer of the same color can pass for a short suit or matching separates look that is all the rage this season.
For an all-American classic look pair Bermuda shorts with a pique polo shirt and cardigan. For a more feminine outlook pair the shorts with a peplum top, or ruffled blouse. For more sexier overtones pair Bermuda shorts with a body suit, bandeau top or crop top. Here are a few Bermuda shorts that will keep you immersed in spring style..
1. Tibi Daisies short $298 tibi.com
2. Alice + Olivia cuffed Bermuda short $198 alicaandolivia.com
3. MARC JACOBS by Marc Jacobs blue cotton- linen short $154 stylebop.com
4. Gap Uniform skinny Bermuda short $25 gap.com
5. Croft & Barrow Essential Floral Bermuda short $20 kohls.com
6. Vince Camuto Bermuda short $74 vincecamuto.com
7. DKNY Jeans Plus Size Dirty Dancing Bermuda short $25 6pm.com
8. J. Crew lightweight Bermuda short $50 jcrew.com
9. Alexander Wang Bermuda short w/leather waist band alexanderwang.com
10. Nike Golf Modern Rise Plaid short $27 6pm.com