The Golden Globes were handed out last night, and along with congratulations for the winners, we all couldn't stop talking about the fashion trends the stars trotted out. The most striking of the evening were the deep, plunging necklines. Ever thought about trying that out for yourself? Well, here are some tips on how to pull it off like a star:
- Unless you're counting Eva Longoria and her tribute to Angelina Jolie's leg, it was décolleté that was literally front and center last night. Keep things simple by focusing on one peek-a-boo.
- GRIP TAPE. Unless you're working on The Block, you don't want to show all the goods. Grip tape keeps your plunging neckline where it should be, instead of letting it show more than you intended.
- Exfoliate: if you're showing off your skin, make sure it's ready for it's close-up. Buff yourself well, but make sure not to overdo it. You want soft skin, not raw skin.
- Don't stop at your face when you're putting on makeup; bring foundation down to the skin that's showing. You don't want to be the one people remember for being two-toned. A bit of bronzer tucked into your bag also keeps touch-ups simple.
- The larger "The Girls", the more modest the plunge. You want to be classy and stylish, not "toot toot, beep beep" from Donna Summer's Bad Girls video. But if you're rockin' large up top and still want to do the plunge? Keep the cut to a slit, not a wedge. Check out Claire Danes in her gorgeous coral red gown; perfect.
So, who's ready to take the plunge?