Trees can be found on almost every property. Whether a business has a large oak tree in its vicinity or a home is surrounded by maple trees, there will be a time when tree removal may be necessary. Oftentimes, the proper tree care can be performed to eliminate the need of a removal, but this is dependent on each tree’s current state. Annapolis Tree Removal recommends that clients always understand the right signs that indicate a tree should be removed.
Tree Removal Signs
Trees will grow larger and larger with age. While a small tree may be acceptable to leave to wither and die, larger trees pose a significant danger to pedestrians and homeowners. Thankfully, there are signs that will indicate when tree removal in Annapolis is warranted.
· Falling Branches – Tree branches that fall freely and are easy to break off indicate that the tree is unhealthy or decaying. When a tree is located close to a home, a large falling branch can cause roof damage or hurt a resident that is walking in the yard.
· Leaning – Some trees naturally lean, but trees that have a significant lean pose a risk to any building. When leaning is seen, inspect the surrounding soil to determine if the tree’s roots are exposed. If they are, it will be necessary to have the tree removed.
· Cracks – Large cracks seen in a tree’s trunk are an indication that the tree may be weakening. This can occur with age or a natural event, such as lightening that has hit the tree. This will need to be evaluated by a trained professional.
· Decaying – Pockets seen in wood or brittle wood will be an indicator of a decaying problem. If insects are involved, the decaying process may be sped up and cause further complications. If this is the case, the tree must be removed.
Pruning will be a regular maintenance that every large tree should have. The goal of pruning is to remove any weak branches or large branches that can cause damage to a building when they fall. This should be done yearly by a tree service so that there is never an issue of a tree branch damaging a roof.
Tree pruning or trimming will also be used to ensure that a tree is aesthetically appealing and that growth can occur properly. Pruning can be done in the following manner:
· To ensure that a tree’s growth and shape occur naturally.
· To clean a tree and rid it of dead or decaying limbs. Diseased trees or broken limbs will also be removed to provide safety and increase overall tree health.
· To allow a tree to continue to grow past its current limitations with less tree-stress seen.
· To enhance aesthetics such as tree look, density and to lower sun filtering.
Annapolis tree service calls often have to do with the general care of a tree. Trees are exposed to the elements, insects and disease just as any other living plant is. However, when trees are not properly cared for, they are at risk of dying or being a hazard. Tree care includes:
· Disease Maintenance – A diseased tree can spread to other trees or cause complete death. With proper care, a tree’s health may be able to be maintained, or the disease may even be able to be eliminated.
· Frost Damage – Severe cold can leave a tree damaged and dehydrated. Through the proper nurturing, a tree will be able to withstand harsh winter nights.
· Insects – A plethora of insects, such as the Lace Bug or the Borer can infest a tree and cause it to decay, die or further deteriorate in health.
While trees are innately strong and healthy, there are many circumstances that will cause them to weaken and pose a risk to buildings or people. A professional tree service should be called before making the final decision of whether a tree should be removed or nursed back to health. In many cases, removal will not be necessary. However, when there is little chance of saving a tree, a safe removal will need to be done by a professional. This will include directing the tree where to land as well as ensuring that all of the proper safety measures are taken so that no damage occurs, while the removal process is taking place.