Travel Writers Association is a professional organization of travel writers, travel photographers, travel radio and television personalities, and, other hospitality related professionals. The world-wide membership reaches nearly every continent, and, has over 2,800 members, and, continues to grow almost daily. Some of the best of the travel media profession are members of TWA, and, yesterday (February 19, 2013) Travel Writers Association released the names of the winners of their competitive 2013 awards. The winners are as follows:
- John Lamkin, Lifetime Achievement Award
- Ann Lombardi, Travel Radio Personality of the Year
- Laurel Robbins, Travel Blogger of the Year
- DM Banks, TWA Member of the Year
- TR Threston, Travel Writer of the Year
- Darley Newman, Travel Television Personality of the Year
- Susan Frost, Travel Photographer of the Year.
Congratulations to all the winners including Examiner.com's T.R. Threston!
Travel Writers Association offers a variety of membership levels ranging from free (by joining the group on LinkedIn) to bloggers and professional. Paid memberships begin at $15 per year for bloggers and $25 per year for professionals. Travel Writers Association headquarters is located at 1330 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY. To learn more about Travel Writers Association visit their website: http://twa18.wildapricot.org/